We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight to Nice from LHR

london
2 posts
Save Topic
Flight to Nice from LHR

I'm not computer lit and don't know how to book a flight from LHR to Nice. I want to fly on 26th July 2011 to Nice from LHR and return 3rd August 2011. The cheapest flight you can find. Can I do it over the phone? Please help me. Thank you. Denise Galvan. I'm one person and live in London.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight to Nice from LHR

Support Forum is for asking general questions on how to use TripAdvisor website, how to find things on it and how to use its many features.

I suggest you post your question in Air Travel forum.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Tr…

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight to Nice from LHR

Hi Denise,

As per the suggestion by Hans_DE, I have moved this topic on your behalf to our Air Travel forum. I hope you find the information you need to book your upcoming travels.

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,560 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight to Nice from LHR

I use kayak.co.uk to search for flights - it's simply a search engine and once you identified a flight you book direct with the airline (my preference) or with the flight broker.

I input your dates etc and amongst the results was a direct flight with BA for £187.

You could book this online with BA or by phone but some airlines charge a fee for telephone bookings (not sure whether BA do) to encourage online bookings.

Here are the links to the websites

http://www.kayak.co.uk/

britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en_gb

TomC

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,541 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight to Nice from LHR

If you could make Gatwick - Easyjet on your dates £145 return

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,322 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight to Nice from LHR

If you could make Gatwick - Easyjet on your dates £145 return

-----

Tilly, does that include the extras (at least one checked bag each way & booking fees)? I don't know, just asking.

Also, depending on where in London the OP lives, factor in up to £25 in train fares to/from LGW from central London.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight to Nice from LHR

Denise, the fact you even asked this question here, which is NOT a booking site, makes me worry what you will end up paying for.

Please DO NOT book "the cheapest you can find" you'll end up in all sorts of trouble. Ask a relative or friend who is computer literate to help you and book direct with an airline, such as BA or Air France.

Edited: 04 July 2011, 17:59
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,908 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight to Nice from LHR

Or just go to a real travel agent.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,246 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight to Nice from LHR

Just contact a good quality travel agent such as Trailfinders. They will take care of your booking and don't even charge for using a credit card. Simple

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,881 posts
1,772 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight to Nice from LHR

If you are uncomfortable using a travel website such as kayak or skyscanner then ring several travel agents. They might add a few quid extra but at least you will know that it has been booked properly.

10. Re: Flight to Nice from LHR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 15:18