We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bmibaby handluggage

Oxfordshire
5 posts
Save Topic
bmibaby handluggage

Does anyone know hoe strict bmibaby are with the sizing of handluggage?

My bag is 21cm deep, they say it came only be 20cm deep. I don't want to incur the £20 plus £30 online additional charge/fine/greed.

doncaster
Level Contributor
445 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bmibaby handluggage

sorry but they will charge you if its over the size.once youve checked in and think your ok they have bmi baby employees waiting in between check in and passport control stopping people to measure there hand luggage,that was the case at east midlands any way.paul

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bmibaby handluggage

If your bag is flexible/not full enough you should be able to squash it in the cage.The cage is normally a touch wider than their quoted sizes 1cm should just about fit.

I have been on ryan air who always check bag sizes with a bag 1cm wider and taller than their measurements and my bag slotted in the cage no problems, they wont admit to it but the cages are about 1cm larger than quoted sizes.

Wales
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bmibaby handluggage

It all depends what size their luggage gauge is ... walesonline.co.uk/news/…

UK
Level Contributor
968 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bmibaby handluggage

Sorry, but you know you are over, if you get caught not complying with the t&c's that you have agreed to then is your fault and please do not have a thread, "Iwas only 1cm over and they charged me £xxxxx". If your bag is over you should check it in, or can you not buy a bag that is less than £50, then you have no problems and you are not taking uop overhead locker space that you shouldn't.

Mick

5. Re: bmibaby handluggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 17:19