We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maximum Suitcase sizes For Ryanair - checked in

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Maximum Suitcase sizes For Ryanair - checked in

Does anybody know the maximum size of suitcase you can have with Ryanair to place in the hold. My case is 70 x 42 x 22 cm and weighs 12.9 kg. I know the weight is ok but the suitcase size I am not sure about. Many thanks Lin

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,876 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Maximum Suitcase sizes For Ryanair - checked in

For health and safety reasons Ryanair does not accept for carriage any individual item exceeding 32 kilos or with combined dimensions of more than 81cms (height), 119cms (width) and 119cms (depth).

ryanair.com/en/…regulations-checkedbaggage

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maximum Suitcase sizes For Ryanair - checked in

Thanks for your response, all I now have to worry about is the free for all on securing a seat with my son and sister which I understand happens.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,010 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maximum Suitcase sizes For Ryanair - checked in

Don't believe everything you read. I don't think I've ever flown with Ryanair (or other LCC's for that matter) where people didn't respect the queue and walked to the plane in a orderly manner. If you want a pick of seats, however, it may be necessary to start queuing early or purchase priority boarding.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maximum Suitcase sizes For Ryanair - checked in

<<or with combined dimensions of more than 81cms (height), 119cms (width) and 119cms (depth). .>

I know thats off the website but it makes no sense !

Surely it should say soemthing like " combined dimensions of more than XXX cm, with max height of XX, width XX and length XX. Either that, or the word "combined" is meaningless.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
Level Contributor
6,685 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maximum Suitcase sizes For Ryanair - checked in

We always pay for priority boarding and find it worth the extra.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,713 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maximum Suitcase sizes For Ryanair - checked in

-ditto- but do it online not at checkin -it is cheaper.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,010 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maximum Suitcase sizes For Ryanair - checked in

Do you mean at the airport? Ryanair only has online check-in and adding priority boarding at that point should be the same price as adding it at the time of booking.

8. Re: Maximum Suitcase sizes For Ryanair - checked in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 10:18