We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigarette substitutes on Ryanair

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,324 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Cigarette substitutes on Ryanair

On our last couple of flights on Ryanair there was an announcement that interests me. I don't smoke so wasn't paying 100% attention.

It was said that there were some sort of 'imitation' cigarettes for sale. I wonder if any one knows anything about this and if they are allowed to be used on flights.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cigarette substitutes on Ryanair

Nicotine replacement comes in several forms and one is the inhaler which is a white plastic tube with a nicotine-containing cartridge. Given that they were offering it for sale on flight, I would think they would be fine (more experienced posters on here can correct me if I'm wrong).

I suspect a number of flyers who smoke utilize some kind of replacement such as the patch so that they don't go into withdrawal on a flight.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cigarette substitutes on Ryanair

Yes, they are e-cigarettes and Ryanair allows them. Do a google search and you'll pull up lots of information. Not allowed on most other airlines.

3. Re: Cigarette substitutes on Ryanair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 15:18