We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK Airports with Smoking Area Airside

Fife
Level Contributor
237 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
UK Airports with Smoking Area Airside

Hi there,

As far as I'm aware the following UK Airports have smoking facilities airside (ie post security)

East Midlands Manchester Prestwick Newcastle

Can anyone add to the list ?

nyc
Level Contributor
92 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: UK Airports with Smoking Area Airside

I fail to see the point of most of these anti-smoking laws in the first place. If, at an airport, a person wants to go into a sealed room and enjoy a cigarette, so his/her smoking's not disturbing anyone, where's the harm in that? Such amenities are provided at airports all over the world.

Fife
Level Contributor
237 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: UK Airports with Smoking Area Airside

Unfortunately not in The United Kingdom - although small signs of progress are starting to appear.

I believe Newcastle Airport was the most recent to provide a post security smoking area for patrons.

We are deviating somewhat have we any more UK Airports with airside smoking facilities ?

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: UK Airports with Smoking Area Airside

"If, at an airport, a person wants to go into a sealed room and enjoy a cigarette, so his/her smoking's not disturbing anyone, where's the harm in that?"

because when they get on the plane, they stink.

nyc
Level Contributor
92 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: UK Airports with Smoking Area Airside

<<because when they get on the plane, they stink>> And what about the woman who put on her perfume with a bucket, or the guy who hasn't come into contact with soap and water in days, are we going to legislate a smell-police into existence? If you are so bothered by other people, I suggest traveling by private plane.

Fife
Level Contributor
237 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: UK Airports with Smoking Area Airside

Oh dear can we get back on Topic Please......

This is not a debate about smoking but ......

UK Airports with airside smoking facilities.

Somerset, UK
Level Contributor
489 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: UK Airports with Smoking Area Airside

I feel so sorry for these desperate people. It just shows how addictive smoking is. I have a relative who can't even travel on the Tube.

Surely something can be done for them - even at Heathrow - without upsetting others.

Fife
Level Contributor
237 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: UK Airports with Smoking Area Airside

Spiney you are quite correct some airports are doing something - we are trying to establish how many and where.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
519 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: UK Airports with Smoking Area Airside

Good luck with the website, hope it grows - it's very useful for smokers.

If non-smokers have nothing constructive to add, except insults, then they need to butt out. Can't think why they'd click on this thread anyway, unless it's to insult someone.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
519 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: UK Airports with Smoking Area Airside

Directions to the smoking area at Bristol airport:- go down the stairs near Burger King, down the corridor near the toilets, bear right and the exit is on the left. This takes you to an outside smoking area.

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: UK Airports with Smoking Area Airside

Perhaps the authorities are trying to help smokers readjust…..the few hours in the airport without coughing and spluttering will do wonders for helping them on their long journey without a fag!

“allowing smoking in one of the lavatories on an airplane” that’s got to be up there with one of the most stupidest comments I’ve every read on here….. dreaded weed taken effect me thinks:-))

Edited: 18 August 2011, 09:34