We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

Edmonton, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

Booked my flights on RED TAG VACATIONS on-line site. Received email confirmation including dates, times, flights numbers, etc. Final tickets to come 14 days before travel. Find out 10 days later that my booking was cancelled. No call back from RED TAG VACATIONS. Supposedly an email was sent advising of cancellation. No email received. No, it did not go into Junk/Spam folder. Check that daily. No one at RED TAG VACATIONS can explain what happened or why!! Spoke to 3 different people there. No explanations avaiable. Have left voicemail for the manager. Waiting for call back. Two weeks to departure date and I am left stranded. Or book last minute at higher prices!!!! Not a good customer/business service from RED TAG VACATIONS!!!! Way to go RED TAG VACATIONS... NOT!!!

Mahmud

97 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

Bruins, you have totally lost me.

Why do you feel the price for the same service class can not drop? What leads you to this conclusion?

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

OP: typing in all caps-- repeatedly-- is the online equivalent of yelling. Unnecessary. Can turn people off. Good luck with your complaint. Do not use all caps in your messages to them (it will do more harm than good).

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

Given that the OP posted in August 2011 I very much doubt that they are still around to read your advice (although it is sound advice)!

Maple Ridge
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

I agree it has the worst company service ever- REd Tag . ca- I booked hotel Marvial with for spring break - 1 adult and 1 child . I usually use Flight center or Book it com and have never ever had problems with them. It was a friday and I was booking it online as no agent was avaible to take my call. the price for 1 adult and 1 child came to $1900 for hotel only on Red tag online booking. I booked it but wanted to amke sure I had booked it properly so i called next day and said one adult and one child 8 years - could please check if i had booked propely and the agent said it was.

When I got to Marvial hotel - what a shock!! I hadd to stand in the line and wait they kept me waiting and finally said that the booking was not done right and it was 1 adult and 1 child (1) old so I have to pay $75 us extra per night.

Can you imagine my shock. I paid the bill but contacted Red tag right away when I got back- I spoke to George who told me her supervisor Laura Clemeti will handle it , and not worry .

Well the supervisor got back to me and said that it is my fault as I should have put 8 year old online or it was a computer click and not take any responsiblity for it. i was so upset and then she said contact hotels.com as the hotels are booked through them. I said I did contact a Red Tag agent to check my booking.. she was not willing to help me in any way. worest experience will never use them. their loss as I travel so much ....

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

What does a hotel booking have to do with air travel? I am a bit confused by this post.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

Thank you everyone for your reviews. I don't do anything regarding travel without consulting fellow travelers on tripadvisor and your cautions are very much appreciated. Very very helpful. (And I agree with someone who said to go WestJet. I realise that everyone has bad experiences with some company but it's not overwhelmingly so.)

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

You are right ! You did so many good reservations with many companies but after experiencing Redtag.ca reservation, I can confirm it is the WORST RESERVATION company we had never seen. DO NOT RECOMMEND at ALL. Not customer oriented... seems to give cheap price but you will experience the WORST too !!

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

We dealed with Redtag earlier this year. Also WORST EXPERIENCE. We have to pay 600$ extra to airflight ticket since the guy who made the reservation made a mispelling and never wanted to correct it even if it was within the time frame allowed to revise the reservation (3 hours after). The airline company said they often got mistake from them and we did not have choice to reinitiate the ticket. I do not recommend to reserve with them. not customer oriented at all and we often travel... DO NOT RESERVE WITH THEM because you do not have any customer support

Mannville, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
29. Re: Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

I used red tag for years. I am now very disappointed with red tag and won't use them again. I now live in a rural community and have limited internet reception. They could not help me over the phone to claim their price assurance guarantee and by the time I was able to get reception on the net again my vacation was back up in price. I lost over 600$ because they wouldn't help me over the phone and wouldn't do anything about it when I called them back stating this had happened.

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
30. Re: Red Tag Vacations Pathetic

Hi there,

I want to complain on the bad customer service what I got from Redtag. My parents had to cancel their trip due to hospitalization. When I called redtag the first time, they told me I would be refunded for 50% of the trip plus taxes and gentleman on the phone told me to call Kerry. I called her, she told me that I would get a credit for the trip no refund, after she found out that she cancelled a different couple and not my parents' trip, so she told me that I would get 50% minus 100$ for a Worry Free Insurance. I told her they had no such an insurance, now she said I would get back 50% minus $200 from the taxes, but she could not answer why $200 deducted or what percentage deducted. This is bad customer service, not really professional. I will not recommend Redtag to any of my friends as It looks like every time I call for explanation I get charged another $100 off the refund. I feel that they are treating me this way because my English is not the first language.

Reply to: Red Tag Vacations Pathetic
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted