We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Jordanian

London, United...
11 posts
Save Topic
Royal Jordanian

Flying with this airline to bangkok in december are they an alright airline to fly with as the price was very good.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,501 posts
1,681 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Jordanian

My father in law has just flown with them and he thought they were fine. He did manage to get a rather generous luggage allowance than normal somehow for economy and IFE is nothing to get too excited about.

London, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Jordanian

Thankyou thats great to know looking forward to going.

Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Jordanian

Royal Jordanian is a very good airline, FA nice, mostly on time, smooth flights. if you have time in Amman, you can go to the transit desk, and get a voucher for their airport hotel, that includes a room and meals. Also bus transport to and from the hotel. This is for me exceptional service, instead of hanging around an airport for many hours. Check their rules as to how many hours you have between flights. And if you'll get the hotel, put some change of clothes in your handluggage. This is advisable too, as you'll land in a hot and humid climate, so take some layered clothing with you. Have a great time.

London, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Jordanian

great advice thank you very much cant wait.

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Jordanian

I would like to fly Royal Jordanian one day, I have heard good things about them. I don't think they can be compared to Qatar, Emirates, or even Etihad, but of the 'second tier' Arab carriers, I think they are the finest and most consistent.

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,203 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Jordanian

Watch out for Jordanian immigration with your travel itenary Clackers.I would hate to hear of you languishing in some unpleasant pokey!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Jordanian

No issues with Royal Jordanian, worth using if the price is right, the last time I flew with them is the day when Concorde made its last flight, (24/10/03)

This delayed us disembarking for over an hour whilst Concorde was saying good bye, and staff not working taking photos. Not the fault of Royal Jordanian, but certainly would use them again.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,959 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Jordanian

Flown them a few years back now and very happy with them, especially as I got a free upgrade to business class.

9. Re: Royal Jordanian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 April 2012, 11:35
australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
Level Contributor
3,258 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Jordanian

Baggage pilfering is more often airport staff than airline staff issue.