We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Astraeus Airlines

Perth, United...
Destination Expert
for Perth and Kinross
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Astraeus Airlines

I have just had the misfortune to travel on them on a return flight to Paphos from Edinburgh.

Who are they and why are Thomson using them?

The plane was fit only for the scrapheap...I have never been so uncomfortable in my life - my back is still aching today.

Thomson are about to get an email of my opinions on this airline!!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Astraeus Airlines

I go 2 cyprus every year and have never heard of this flight fplying from Edinburgh. The new easy jet flight is great, fab times and twice a week.

London
Level Contributor
8,567 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Astraeus Airlines

This links explains: http://www.flyastraeus.com/

Perth, United...
Destination Expert
for Perth and Kinross
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Astraeus Airlines

Thanks Wandering Star...that explains all.....I will see what response I get from Thomson about my complaints.

Clareypops - unfortunately I booked as a package so was stuck with the airline...didn't realise that Easyjet flew to Cyprus...hard to keep up with who flies from Edinburgh these days.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Astraeus Airlines

They had an A320 subbing for BA's tech-prone 737s oex LGW for a few months earlier this year. Agreed, horrible equipment, and poor crew.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,042 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Astraeus Airlines

We flew on the BA subbed Astraeus from LGW-MAN. The cabin crew were BA and perfectly ok, but the legroom! Not BA legroom and I did comment on how it was like flying Thomas Cook or Thomsons (knees round back of neck lol).

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Astraeus Airlines

Are you sure about the crew? It was a wet lease.

IME they did try to offer the same service levels, but couldn't carry it off.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Astraeus Airlines

It shouldn't be hard to keep up with who flies from Edinburgh (or any airport) these days. Just look at their website whenever you're thinking of flying from there.

Newcastle upon...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Astraeus Airlines

just got back from zante never using thomas cook again. holiday great but flight put on by astraeus airline wad awful .i have never been nervous of flying until i went n their plane.it old and very noisey ,when engine was put under stress the noise and vibration was deafening.when we landed my seat actualy moved. it was like 2 planes welded together . cabin was filthy with seats that did not even match.ann frm nothumberland

Perth, United...
Destination Expert
for Perth and Kinross
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Astraeus Airlines

Funnily enough...I had a call from Thomson today about my complaint.

Basically, they told me that they would keep using other carriers as they had to.

However, they have taken my comments on board and my suggestion that if they had to use other airlines that they offer the same facilities as a Thomson flight and to use them on shorter European flights of under 3 hours and not on the Greek/Turkish flights that are over 5 hours.

Ann...sounds like the one we had....needs to be retired to the Yukon where only those daft Ice pilots would fly it!!

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
934 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Astraeus Airlines

Try Edinburgh based www.Skyscanner.co.uk as well