We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can an unaccompanied 15 year old enter the US alone?

San Jose del Cabo...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Can an unaccompanied 15 year old enter the US alone?

Hello,

My 15 year old son will be flying from San Jose del Cabo, Mexico, to L.A.X. by himself, he will be boarding another airplane on a different airline several hours later. I know my son, he is more mature and travel savvy than I am! But will he get problems when he goes through U.S. customs on his own? Like maybe they'll think he's running away from home or something like that?

Thank you.

Surabaya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Can an unaccompanied 15 year old enter the US alone?

I have been flying around the world by my self since i was about 13 since my parents were expats in Dubai and went to school in NZ. have meet them all around the world and never had any problems. Just tell you son to ask airport staff for help if he is a bit confused, 99% of the time the will be more than willing to help :)

32. Re: Can an unaccompanied 15 year old enter the US alone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 21:16