We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A very nice dilema

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
318 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
A very nice dilema

Hi guys (and girls)

I'm looking for opinions on my recent dilema. I am lucky enough toi be flying back from KL - Manchester business class, probably a once in a lifetime experience hence all the research and questions. Now I have 2 options:

Fly KL - Dubai on A380, 3 hour layover and then Dubai - Man A330-200 arrive 7am

OR

Fly KL - Dubai A380 then 8 hour layover then Dubai - Manchester still on an A380 arrive Manchester 11.45 am.

I am not in a rush to get home and figured that I can easily waste 3 or 4 hours looking round the shops at Dubai as it's so big. Can I use the business class lounge for the full 8 hours or come and go as I please, maybe grab a drink and freshen up on landing then do some shopping then go back in for a drink and food before departure? I really do love the A380!

I would like to hear peoples opinions and things I should consider, any info about A330-200 in business would also be great.

THanks

JO

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A very nice dilema

You should be entitled to unrestricted use of the business class lounge. Having said that, I am not one for long transit times and would take the A330.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,806 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A very nice dilema

Difficult to be precise without knowing which airline.

Whilst the A380 is obviously new and has an attraction for plane enthusiasts the benefit of the flight from Dubai to Man on the A380 is offset by the longer layover.

I have no doubt the 380 will be a better experience than the 330 and if you are comfortable with the longer layover then go for it knowing your once in a lifetime experience will be enhanced by shopping in Dubai and savouring the benefits of the lounge.

You should not have any issues with longe access - time limits normally only apply to those who bought access to a lounge.

TomC

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
318 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A very nice dilema

Ah thanks for your replies so far, it's with Emirates sorry I forgot to say. Any opinions on the A330 plane? Also does the A380 have private mini bar by the seat?

Gosh I sound like a school child getting a big bag of sweets don't I. I promise once I'm on the flight to behave a bit more maturely!

Jo

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,806 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A very nice dilema

jodie

A few links for you to look at as follows:

The business class seats on the A380 (which includes the built in mini bar)

emirates.com/uk/…

The business class seats on the A330

emirates.com/uk/…

The Emirates lounges at Dubai

emirates.com/uk/…business_class.aspx

TomC

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A very nice dilema

EK A330-200s are outdated and will luckily be phased out soon. No ICE IFE. Old so-called sleeperettes which are in fact only "deeply reclining".

I would not pay for flying business class on this plane.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A very nice dilema

As per the PP It is my understanding that some Emirates A330's still have the older style business class seats which in comparison to what is on a A380 are far less luxurious, so I'd be inclined to choose the schedule with both A380's. I'm sure you can pass 8 hours easily enough at Dubai, we had 3 hours there (in between 14 & 7 hr flights) and it went very quickly. I can't answer your query about being able to come and go from the Business class lounge as, alas I have never been fortunate enough to fly BC :( . However I'm sure someone else can help, or failing that a quick phone call to Emirates customer service should get a definitive answer for you.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A very nice dilema

You said 'I am lucky enough toi be flying back from KL - Manchester business class, probably a once in a lifetime experience'. Make it an experience. Take the longer trip back to Manchester, It'll be raining!!!!!

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A very nice dilema

You started off by saying:

'I am lucky enough toi be flying back from KL - Manchester business class, probably a once in a lifetime experience'. Make it an experience, take the longer trip back. It'll be raining in Manchester when you ariive!!!!!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
318 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A very nice dilema

Yes I think you are right I will take the long layover and enjoy myself.

Many thanks for all your input guys!

Jo

wirral
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A very nice dilema

For what its worth, I didnt think much of Dubai airport, so I would be out of there asap! But then I do hate airports/flying!