We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia for overnight travel

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Air Asia for overnight travel

Hey everyone,

I am planning to take an overnight Air Asia (Economy) flight from Delhi to Kuala Lumpur. Can anyone please tell me if the seats in Air Asia are comfortable enough to sleep for night? I don't want to reach KL in the morning so tired that it wastes the whole day which I can use to see the place around. Please help! Thanks!

Edited: 14 September 2011, 23:53
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia for overnight travel

Seat pitch on Air Asia is only 29.5" and width is 18". Does not sound very comfortable to me.

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
5,290 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia for overnight travel

Unless you are someone who can fall asleep on a subway during rush hour, I wouldn't count on a good night's sleep on Air Asia.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
318 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia for overnight travel

maybe apply for an upgrade on optiontown for premium seat.apparently quite cheap for air-asia. i actually prefer overnight flights so you get a full day on your first day.you can always catch up on sleep that night.

safe trip

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Asia for overnight travel

Thanks all for your replies. Decision made! Not travelling by Air Asia Economy for night :) Will look for other options...

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Asia for overnight travel

I paid for the extra leg room seats on the London - KL stint. Yes we got extra leg room, but the seats were even narrower than normal as our trays folded into the arms. Wasn't the most comfortable time I spent on a night flight for 14 hours. Hardly slept and was glad to get off. Unless you're saving mega bucks, I would fly with another airline if you want to sleep. IMO Air Asia is good short haul but long haul I'd rather pay a little extra for comfort.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Asia for overnight travel

Optiontown upgrade at first appearance looks like great method to get upgrade at reasonable price. My experience however is that Optiontown is a waste of time. I paid for upgrades up to 2 months in advance and on all our flights there were many spare seats in Premium class but we were not upgraded on any of them!

Optiontown won't state what their other criteria for providing an upgrade is but I can only assume when enough people have paid their booking fee they then have sufficient funds to buy an upgrade from the airline for one customer...

7. Re: Air Asia for overnight travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 11:16