We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warning Thomas Cook flights MAN, POP, MAN, TCX126 & TCX127

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
40,054 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Warning Thomas Cook flights MAN, POP, MAN, TCX126 & TCX127

Just to give you the heads up if you are booked on these flights that your Outbound flight Nov 16th will have the normal 33" seat pitch with seatback TV's but your Inbound flight Nov 30th will only have 29" seat pitch, with no seatback in-flight TV but free bar service is offered on this flight.

Angie.

Edited: 18 September 2011, 12:03
Bath, UK
Level Contributor
313 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warning Thomas Cook flights MAN, POP, MAN, TCX126 & TCX127

Thanks Angie ....... and that's why the smart money goes with Thomson/First Choice!

wilmslow
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warning Thomas Cook flights MAN, POP, MAN, TCX126 & TCX127

Angelina, would i be right in assuming on the return journey you can upgrade to the old prem seats at a cost.... if so.... i will make my own way to airport as surely its first come basis..

i was also told by my agent that seat allocation is only done 2 hours before flight...On the outward leg....so will arrive early for that too. ;-)

wilmslow
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warning Thomas Cook flights MAN, POP, MAN, TCX126 & TCX127

My smart money went with TC as it was 500 pound cheaper than thomsons ;-)

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,054 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Warning Thomas Cook flights MAN, POP, MAN, TCX126 & TCX127

mancuniancfc,

If you are on the TCX127 on Wed Nov 30th there is NO Ex premium seats as this flight is 29" seat pitch throughout the aircraft.........only extra legroom seats available to pre book if there any left at this stage.........if passengers have already been told about this flight I would think that there would be a rush to pre book the seats to get the extra seat pitch.

Ex premium seats will only be available on the Outbound flight and these seats are given to passengers on a lottery basis not on a first come first served basis.Arriving early at check-in will not help I am afaraid.

Concerning your agent saying that seats are only allocated 2 hours before flying is incorrect as the seats are allocated the day before once the final manifest has been finalised and seats are allocated on a best fit scenario.

Angie.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,054 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Warning Thomas Cook flights MAN, POP, MAN, TCX126 & TCX127

mancuniancfc,

If you put in your reference # and date of travel in this link below, then click on Book Seats you will see the seating plan of both your flights and what seats are available to pre book on your flight both Outbound and Inbound.

https:/…login

Angie.

wilmslow
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Warning Thomas Cook flights MAN, POP, MAN, TCX126 & TCX127

Thanks angelina52 :-)

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,054 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Warning Thomas Cook flights MAN, POP, MAN, TCX126 & TCX127

My pleasure, hope you get something sorted concerning your seats :)

Angie.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,252 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Warning Thomas Cook flights MAN, POP, MAN, TCX126 & TCX127

Hi Angie

I too was under the impression that seats were allocated the day before by Thomas Cook but I emailed the preflight service dept about this about a month ago, and they said for those that haven't prebooked, seats are allocated at check in! I do wish they would all sing from the same hymn sheet!!

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,054 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Warning Thomas Cook flights MAN, POP, MAN, TCX126 & TCX127

LeylandSunaddict,

Your right I wish they would get their act together..........different depts. give out different information and different advisors give out different information, who are we to believe sometimes .........when I was checking for my son and his girlfriends holiday to Cuba the answer I got was the seats are allocated the day before once the final manifest has been finalised and that was from an advisor at TC Airlines...........it beggers to believe, it really does !!!!

Angie.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,252 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Warning Thomas Cook flights MAN, POP, MAN, TCX126 & TCX127

Angie

They sure don't get any better as time goes on!