We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysian Airways

Durham
Level Contributor
730 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Malaysian Airways

We have booked to fly to KL from London in March, I cannot find a way to book seats on this airline, can you just book them when you check in with other airlines you can choose your seat when you book

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
334 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaysian Airways

I found this as well and as I was travelling with a 10 year old I just called them up and they told me what seat they had reserved for me.

Have a good one.

Jo

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,050 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaysian Airways

Usually cannot book/choose seats until 24hours before flight, unless you have a very expensive txt (thats the way it used to be).

But I would give them a ring and ask where you are sitting and if you dont like the seats can you change them.

www.malaysiaairlines.com/uk/en/contact.html

This gives the UK numbers (London but there is also Manchester) but I have always found the KL office to be fine to deal with, so if you have Skype (as it will be much cheaper) and dont get much joy with the UK numbers, perhaps give them a ring in KL

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,050 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaysian Airways

...sorry that should be 48hours before departure...

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaysian Airways

Every airline is different, some allow you to choose your seats before completing the booking, others 24 hours before your flight when you do the on-line check-in.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,653 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaysian Airways

when we booked three months ago, we were given the option to select seats for an additional fee.

in the past, on minimum cost tickets, we have been unable to preselect at all. so far, we have always been allocated seats together. you can change through olci.

pam

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,050 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malaysian Airways

Durhamlass,

you will find info here

http://seat.malaysiaairlines.com/faq.html

Durham
Level Contributor
730 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malaysian Airways

Thanks Seats booked

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,653 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malaysian Airways

oh that was interesting! i note the page referred to a special offer prior to 8th march 2011, which was 6 months ago.

it also says the pre-selection of seats is not available on the route i am flying.

i suspect that the airline is experimenting with charges for 'sitting together'. the amount we were quoted was considerably more than rm10 [just over £2]; it was more like the £40 wanted by b.a.

pam

9. Re: Malaysian Airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 10:22