We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Rude...

Palmetto, Florida
Level Contributor
5,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
How Rude...

Friend was telling me his recent flight with Southwest Airline. It's open seating with SW so by the time he boarded every seat was the middle seat. He sat between a mother and child. Yes they were a family with some across the aisle and mother and child did not want to sit next to each other. So for the whole flight they talked over him, passed this and that constantly to each other. Then mom passed an open can of soda to kid and one slipped, the whole thing spilled all over him. Yikes! He got up and switched to different middle seat.

Make you wonder if by using LCCs you risk bumping into the less considerate.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,453 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Rude...

SWA is cattle car express for sure.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Rude...

Not being based in N. America, I only recently had my first flight on WN. I liked it:-

* Boarding procedures were civilised (everyone has an exact spot in line, so no incentive for anyone to start queuing up an hour before departure - your spot is based on when you check-in, and if boarding early is important to you, a $10 fee will see you checked in automatically just before it opens to everyone).

* Seats were comfortable and big for any carrier in Y, but particularly a LCC.

* Light snack and soft drink service free of charge, and delivered with a smile.

Overall, a pleasant experience, which would stand well in a comparison with, say, BA domestic. I did think the song which the stewardesses sing on landing is a touch OTT, however!

Edited: 24 September 2011, 15:37
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How Rude...

I've never seen rudeness confined to passengers on a LCC.

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How Rude...

There are rude passengers on every flight, no matter the airline.

I flew South West before and had no problems. They provided a free drink and a choice of snack and the flight attendants were friendly and polite.

I had a worse experience on Continental where a flight attendant dropped ice cubes on my laptop and than said "it's not water"....

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How Rude...

<<Make you wonder if by using LCCs you risk bumping into the less considerate>>

The answer is 'no more than on any other airline'

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15032159

reuters.com/article/2008/04/08/us-campbell-o…

Edited: 24 September 2011, 17:13
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,022 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How Rude...

Make you wonder if by using LCCs you risk bumping into the less considerate.

This makes no sense. Why would less considerate people be confined to flying LCCs? It's not like you take a test to determine your considerateness when booking a ticket on a non-LCC!

7. Re: How Rude...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2011, 13:40
NYC
Level Contributor
1,881 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How Rude...

What does "LCSS' mean?

Thanks, as always

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,004 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How Rude...

What does "LCSS' mean?

----

It's LCCs, and it stands for "low cost carriers".

I agree with the others. There are rude pax on all type of airline. Your friend got unlucky.

Edited: 24 September 2011, 19:29
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How Rude...

I have to say that it's a bit strange that the Mother and Daughter didn't want to sit next to each other, it doesn't make much sense unless they wanted the three seats to themselves and knew he'd move.