We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best sites to look for rtw tickets

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
best sites to look for rtw tickets

looking for sites for rtw tickets in april 2012

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,217 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best sites to look for rtw tickets

Go talk to a travel agent: this is by far the easiest way. Let me know if you would like the details of an excellent one in Epping who has got us very good prices on RTW travel.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,516 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best sites to look for rtw tickets

I believe all 3 major airline alliances have links on their websites for RTW tickets and rules...This is Star Alliance, One World, and SkyTeam.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best sites to look for rtw tickets

You can check them out by looking on "best flights" website, clicking on around the world, just for ideas and prices then you can still go and book with a travel agent. My preferred group is star alliance.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best sites to look for rtw tickets

If you wanted to have a stop over in say L.A. AND New York, which another of your threads indicate I believe you would have to pay for a domestic leg from one to the other. IMO I am sure you can only land and take of once in the USA on an around the world ticket. I have done this and it is not expensive of you buy in a sale.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,217 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best sites to look for rtw tickets

It depends on what you buy. In 2009, OneWorld allowed stops in Boston and Portland OR. But we had to pay to fly Portland to LA to catch our flight across the Pacific, because of rules about keeping going in one direction.

Last year, we had a really cheap RTW organised by Swiss Air, and it allowed only one landing and one takeoff in each continent, although they could have been in different places if we paid extra for the internal flight.

You just have to look at the T&C to see what is allowed: some of the alliances have different prices for different flexibility.

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,798 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best sites to look for rtw tickets

"I am sure you can only land and take of once in the USA on an around the world ticket."

No RTW ticket I have ever purchased has this restriction. And "direction" of travel typically doesn't come into it either. I just plotted out an RTW route on the *A website that started as an Australian and did 6 stops in the US looping back on itself twice then going to Canada before heading to London, Moscow, and Bangkok before returning to Sydney. It validates as an allowable trip.

Always check two ways... As an official RTW fare and as a collection of individual tickets.

7. Re: best sites to look for rtw tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 January 2012, 17:35
8. Re: best sites to look for rtw tickets

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 January 2012, 17:35
Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
881 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best sites to look for rtw tickets

If you have the time here is what I did and saved lots of money. I used Star Alliance and One World to plan my Journey and wrote down all the imformation down as I picked destinations and airline flights on there webb sight. I then called Expedia and told them what flights I wanted by telling them the flight # and booked all my flights, changing it up just a bit with some better flight arrangments. I also found some better deals by going outside those alliances a bit on some nicer airlines. I also didn't have any rules to follow and was able to book my hotels at the same time. I pretty much took the same flights they had me on, and saved about 40% . Being that you are booking this at one time you only have one bill just like the RTW companys. They were also able to get me some hotel disccounts while booking all this. My total air miles where around 27,000 miles and I went to five different continents.

Good Luck

10. Re: best sites to look for rtw tickets

Removed on: 21 August 2012, 11:35
Edited: 21 August 2012, 11:35