We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now Charging $20 for Carry on Baggage - NK

South London
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Now Charging $20 for Carry on Baggage - NK

Spirit Airlines are now charging fees for carry-on bags in addition to fees for checked baggage.

http://www.spirit.com/OptionalFees.aspx

Ludicrous!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,438 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Now Charging $20 for Carry on Baggage - NK

Haven't they been doing that for a while? I think the rule is that if it fits under the seat in front of you, you can bring it on for free. It's kind of weird that checking the bag is actually cheaper than bringing it on board.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Now Charging $20 for Carry on Baggage - NK

Oh for goodness sake what next.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Now Charging $20 for Carry on Baggage - NK

What's next, sit in the cargo section on floor for half price.

Dublin
Level Contributor
803 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Now Charging $20 for Carry on Baggage - NK

Hopefully Michael O;Leary doesnt read this .................

Russell, Kansas
Level Contributor
586 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Now Charging $20 for Carry on Baggage - NK

I actually like the idea Maybe it would discourage those that try to fit the kitchen sink into the overhead bin.

Ideally, I think airlines should allow ONE checked bag and ONE reasonably sized carryon for free. If you are one of those high maintenance people that need more luggage, charge out the nose for extra bags. Of course this is just my opnion, that has developed after frustration with pax who have a huge carryon, a backpack, a purse and 3 shopping bags, none of which count because they are not really luggage....

South London
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Now Charging $20 for Carry on Baggage - NK

I think it's way Ott to charge for hand luggage, especially $20 for a domestic flight.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,977 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Now Charging $20 for Carry on Baggage - NK

I think it's repulsive for airlines to be even charging for the first checked bag never mind the carry on as well!

8. Re: Now Charging $20 for Carry on Baggage - NK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 09:23