We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

misspelled name on flight ticket

Tavistock, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
misspelled name on flight ticket

Hi,

Does anyone know if airlines will accept PHILIP instead of PHILLIP on a flight ticket.

When I ring customer services, depending on who you speak to, I get a different response

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,087 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: misspelled name on flight ticket

Hi Barry

I feel sorry for you, I did the same once with a Gary, I typed Garry. Easyjet changed it free of charge. Ryanair have also been known to amend this type of thing for nothing.

I would contact the airline ASAP and explain in the most apologetic way you can, if it is one of the airlines I just mentioned you will be fine, if it is a package tour then maybe not, especially if it is a package tour where they have booked Ryanair flights as part of a package which is forbidden in the Ryanair T&C's.

In future make sure that if you do any bookings for family or friends get them to write out their full passport name and then check it at least three times before you hit the confirm button.

Good luck

Jackie

Bolton, England...
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: misspelled name on flight ticket

Hello and thanks for the replies, i got them to change it for me but it cost me £10.00, then when i went online to check it had been done, they had only altered the christian name for the return flight ?

So i had to ring them again today to ask them to alter the outbound flight, he said it would be ten euros, i asked if they would do it free as i had already paid ten pound this morning, anyway after asking someone, i assume his supervisor they did that for free.

Anyway i suppose it could have cost me a lot more, if they had insisted, so i am glad it's all sorted, thanks .

BARRY

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: misspelled name on flight ticket

Next time have the persons passport with you when booking, at least Anthony/ Tony are similar but people have reported here situations such as they booked as the name that everyone calls them but their real name is completely different.

There was also someone where the passport office made the typo and they had to book under that typo name :-)

So really you got off lightly !

14. Re: misspelled name on flight ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 13:18