We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

zurich to geneva airfare

Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
zurich to geneva airfare

Hi no matter what time of year this is showing 700 dollars one way for a 1 hour flight is this normal thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15,145 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: zurich to geneva airfare

Most likely the key is that you're looking for a one-way ticket. Many airlines have a pricing structure where one-way tickets are always in the highest priced category. Personally I wouldn't even bother flying as it's less than 3 hours by train.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,370 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: zurich to geneva airfare

If I was going from Zurich to Geneva, I would go by train....you will not save any time by flying.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10,904 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: zurich to geneva airfare

The problem is because there is no LCC for that route. Better off going by train, it's only 2 hrs 40 mins journey anyway, about 82 CHF

Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: zurich to geneva airfare

Unfortunately i dont get into zurich airport until 7pm so as a single person not comfortable getting train at night thanks for the advice

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,487 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: zurich to geneva airfare

Taking the train? In Switzerland? Are you mad? If you feel like risking your life with the world's most unreliable public transport system by all means go right ahead...oh hang on, wait a minute.... ;)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15,145 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: zurich to geneva airfare

Maybe spend the night in Zurich and take the train the next morning? It's likely to still be cheaper than paying for a one-way ticket. Of course, you *could* buy a return flight and ditch the inbound part, though be aware that if you do so, you will breach your contract with the airline.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
42,982 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: zurich to geneva airfare

Ther is a direct train at 20:13 to Geneva, not sure you can make that but there are other options with 1 change which leave later. Trains in Switzerland are about the safest most efficient in the world and the train station is in the airport. You will not be kidnapped or attacked so I'm not sure what you are worried about. You will have flown from Oz at least alone so what's the difference? It's not Bogota.

If you are flying in on Swiss and you really want to fly then why not tag the Geneva flight on to the end of that with an open jaw or something. Just contact the airline.

Even doing a return booking and ditching the inbound you will be looking at $350 USD for a round trip. Swiss Air aint cheap.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,338 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: zurich to geneva airfare

>so as a single person not comfortable getting train at night thanks for the advice

Swiss kids taking the train alone every day, including late in the night, laugh out loud at you.

No, seriously, what do you expect, some 3rd world country???

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: zurich to geneva airfare

A colleague of mine recently forgot her laptop on a Swiss train. She got it back from the lost and found two days later. How many other places is that likely to happen?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: zurich to geneva airfare

Hey wtcmore:) FWIW, I've been to both Geneva and Zurich..the former a number of times..and traveled solo with absolutely no issues! Also note that 7p is not late..even if you get into Geneva at midnight or later, you'll still find yourself in a busy station! Of course, we're all different..various travel prefs and styles..but just to let you know, normal precautions you'd take anywhere a given, you should do fine..Switzerland is about as safe as it gets! Have a great trip..and EnjOY!