We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Optiontown/Air Asia Upgrade Luggage and Meals what happens

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
891 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Optiontown/Air Asia Upgrade Luggage and Meals what happens

Initially for trip home from KL to Gold Coast booked 30kg luggage and meals etc in Economy, then (like most) decided to do the Optiontown upgrade (to see if lucky enough) to get flatbed on way home.

My sudden delema is if I paid for my 30kg luggage etc with the initial booking with Air Asia does that mean I still get the same 30kg luggage allowance with the Opiniontown side of Air Asia plus my meals etc.

How does this work.....dont wont to mess up now...getting soooo close

Any answers please

Jakarta
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Optiontown/Air Asia Upgrade Luggage and Meals what happens

Hi, I think they offer the upgrade only cause there are remaining seat in the premium class. And you must considered not all the 356 seats owner will take the offer from Optiontown. And if you did not get your upgrade, they WILL refund your money within 5 days. I bought the Optiontown and lucky my upgrade have been approve, so I enjoy the benefit. But I can't guarantee that you will get your upgrade seat, at least according to others Optiontown user they got the refund when they did not got the upgrade seat.

Hope this info can help you.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
386 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Optiontown/Air Asia Upgrade Luggage and Meals what happens

Dodo - not a scam because it's exactly as you described, and you get your money back if not successful, it's all explained on their web site. Some people seem to think it's automatic to be upgraded not just a "maybe".

You will probably continue to get emails from them because Lie Flat upgrade is not all they offer.

Level Contributor
138 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Optiontown/Air Asia Upgrade Luggage and Meals what happens

hi, I am wondering that if I am upgraded to premium, that is 25kg luggage allowance, but my luggage is 30kg now. Do I need to buy 30kg as every 1kg excess will be charged. Thanks.

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Optiontown/Air Asia Upgrade Luggage and Meals what happens

SMR85... you only have 3 posts and all talk about Optiontown over a substantial period of time. This seriously undermines your credibility to comment on them.

15. Re: Optiontown/Air Asia Upgrade Luggage and Meals what happens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2014, 06:18