We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook Flights

Liverpool
Level Contributor
56 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook Flights

Hi, We're flying Manchester to Gran Canaria begining of August with Thomas Cook and I was wondering if anyone had flown with them? We've paid for extra leg room and I was just wondering things like:

1. What's the food like?

2. What's the inflight entertainment (is there any or do you have to hire the hand held ones)

Any general information would be really helpful.

Thanks

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Thomas Cook Flights

hi am,, have traveled with t/cook a lot no probs,,been long hu,to goa with them deff need extra leg room,,we go to turkey with them a lot no probs,,,like most charter airlines you hire every thing now at a price, ,there goa flights have now stop the premior sirvice, at the front of the plane/,a tax thing,thay are saying,,,its now sold as extra leg room going out,so some one has said....but coming back you book the prem,its the same at the front of the aircraft,,ect,but you dont get free drinks or food,,you gat the extra room and a bit wider seats,,,all for 50 pound each,,,, a good thing this season is you can on there short hu,flights, book your seats bagage,and a meal,,all in for as package,,for 40 pound,good deal i think,,bye

Edited: 14 October 2011, 10:47
Liverpool
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Thomas Cook Flights

Thank you all for your replies. We've booked extra leg room both ways (and even have the same seats). The food and extra baggage allowance was included in the holiday as we booked a particular hotel in Gran Canaria. With regards to in-flight entertainment we'll rent the hand-helds but are taking Kindles just in case! It's only a 4.5 hour flight so I'm sure we can put up with it.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,042 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Thomas Cook Flights

Hi

As I posted at #2 Thomas Cook do not rent handheld consoles anylonger. They withdrew these a number of months ago, so go prepared with alternatives.

Lincoln UK
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Thomas Cook Flights

Hi

We flew Thomas Cook to Malta in August. The flight did not come out the best in the world or the worst. Considering it is what I call a holiday package airline we had no great expectations except to get from A to B in one piece.

My husband is 6’ 4”and managed quite adequately with the legroom. We found the food OK and edible. The meal did come free with the package we purchased but I gather you have the option to pay for a meal or not with other deals.

The flight attendants on both our flights were attentive and friendly and I certainly did not have any complaints in that direction.

The only comment I would make is that I would never take a flight of more than 4 hours with them but that is to do the type of aircraft used.

Entertainment there was none on our particular flight but that did not bother me as the time passed very quickly.

Hope this has been of some use

Shelleycat

Liverpool
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Thomas Cook Flights

Just got back and the flights were fine. Both ways on time and the flight attendants were very friendly. The food was rubbish but as it's only a four hour flight that wasn't a problem - just had something to eat when we got there.

16. Re: Thomas Cook Flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2012, 10:27