We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A First Timer's Experience Of RYANAIR

London, United...
Level Contributor
706 posts
223 reviews
Save Topic
A First Timer's Experience Of RYANAIR

This is not an airline I thought I would ever use. However, I booked a short break and only at the end of the booking did the lady mention it was a Ryanair flight. (Thanks to those of you on this forum that pointed out Ryanair don’t actually permit this; thankfully we were fine).

I spent forever obsessing about my hand luggage and in the end opted to take only a rucksack – was only staying 3 nights. As soon as I arrived at the airport I headed straight to their bag measurers to ensure it was the right size. Turns out it could have been double the size and it would still have been okay. However, I needn’t have bothered because no one checked the size or weight of the bag before boarding either of the flights. In fact, as far as I could see no one on either of our flights had their bags checked. I did wonder though if this was because of flight was running late because as we were queuing to board we could see people departing the plane. Funnily enough we taxied right on time and for the return flight we left about 10 minutes late. I spent ages entering the online check in details as there’s a charge for entering information incorrectly. Again, I needn’t have bothered as the guy barely glanced my passport as he tore my boarding pass. When we did get onboard there did seem to be a problem with some people’s luggage as there wasn’t room overhead for everything but they managed to squeeze cases under some people’s seat. The plane seemed clean as far as I could see and the seats were comfy. Only criticism was that the seats did not recline nor were there any pockets on the back of the seat in front of you to store newspapers etc. I didn’t purchase any drinks or snacks as I took my own on board. And the little interaction I had with staff was pleasant enough.

Another slightly annoying things was that my mum, who travels on a Barbados passport, had to have her boarding pass stamped before departure or she’s refused boarding. They make this very clear for the departure flight but I didn’t think it was necessary for the return flight. Praise God I decided to check to be on the safe side because it turns out it needs to be stamped in both directions.

So, the nightmares I had in the lead up to the flight were unfounded. However, there was a couple at our hotel who flew out on another Ryanair flight and were charged the £40 for being a kilo over weight. To me it begged the question of whether there was something they could have thrown away and purchased once they landed but hey. Would I fly Ryanair again? Probably not of my choosing but if I absolutely had to then I guess I would as long as I was careful to follow all their rules.

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A First Timer's Experience Of RYANAIR

I've flown them several times and never had any issues. Just as with any other airline I check size and weight restrictions before I fly.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,804 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A First Timer's Experience Of RYANAIR

Your post pretty much sums up most of my Ryanair experiences as well. Sometimes everybody has their carry-on checked (sometimes both for size and weight) and other times they check nobody. They've got a really short turn-around and I usually see people disembarking shortly before I am let on the plane. Still, they're usually on time and more often then not, they arrive ahead of schedule. That's my experience at least.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,224 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A First Timer's Experience Of RYANAIR

One of the things you may not have noticed is that some Ryanair staff may walk through / around the passenger queues at the gate checking tickets. I've seen them get people to check their hand luggage. I've no problems with that - quite annoying when some people on other airlines take their wardrobe and have all the overhead space. Reclining seats? Can be a pain for those behind so fors & against. And with no newspaper storage in the back of the seat it stops the stuffing in of other items to stick in your back, including the laptop that happened to me "very briefly"*** on a recent non Ryanair flight so again one man's meat etc. *** A polite request had it removed.

Might get round to posting my Ryanair experiences some time.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A First Timer's Experience Of RYANAIR

One thing that tends to differentiate Ryanair from the crowd is how they behave towards customers when things go wrong (delays, cancellation, ash, etc).

Nothing went wrong on your flight.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,070 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A First Timer's Experience Of RYANAIR

Hi

On my last two Ryanair flights they checked everyones hand luggage. I had no problems but some other people did and one lady was very angry when her two obviously oversized and overweight suitcases were refused.

I never recline my seat on these short haul flights so that is not a problem and i always take my own bottle of water with me. It's bad enough paying airport prices without the premium airlines add on.

I have never really had a problem with Ryanair, other than them changing two schedules in over ten years and both times I got my money back immediately.

I would fly Ryanair anytime, maybe they are no frills but they do the job.

Jackie

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,150 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A First Timer's Experience Of RYANAIR

Point is Godsgloriousworld that you had the sense to check everything out BEFORE you left and hence had an OK experience. Good on you for that.

Most people do this post flight and then blame the airline for world hunger.

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A First Timer's Experience Of RYANAIR

"Point is Godsgloriousworld that you had the sense to check everything out BEFORE you left and hence had an OK experience. Good on you for that.

Most people do this post flight and then blame the airline for world hunger

========================================================

That is very true Ronaldo but to just to go back to peter scot s point............

"One thing that tends to differentiate Ryanair from the crowd is how they behave towards customers when things go wrong (delays, cancellation, ash, etc).

Nothing went wrong on your flight."

I have to completely agree with him on that when there are issues of ice,ash whatever, most airlines are quite helpful put you on next available flights have staff visible to help, Ryanair are nototious for shirking their responsibility s in this type of situation and these are issues that are not passenger s fault for not checking on.

Any sort of weather problems or airport closures you see how helpful ryanair are then.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,243 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A First Timer's Experience Of RYANAIR

One thing people never seem to complain about is the price of the ticket!!!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A First Timer's Experience Of RYANAIR

Yes crazypom that's what makes their passengers put up with the dehumanising service.I know you don't have to buy food and drink onboard but if you do they certainly cane you for average fayre.Lucky if you get ice in your drink and never a lemon slice in G&T.

It has been mentioned before on this forum many times but there seems no limit to the MO'L public disregard for his paying customers.The old maxim-people will put up with anything if it is cheap,and he knows it.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,243 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A First Timer's Experience Of RYANAIR

That's also why they carry more passengers in Europe than any other airline. If you stick to the rules then you will have no problems. They also have a good time keeping record.

Personally, I prefer Easyjet and also regularly use Flybe. Two other airlines who seem to get a lot of negative stuff on TA.