We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberia Airlines

Los Angeles
3 posts
Save Topic
Iberia Airlines

Hello,

I'm trying to get some recent info on Iberia Airlines. My somewhat complicated itinerary including LAX-Miami-Toulouse-Madrid-LAX includes a few Iberia flights (the international legs mostly). The reviews on Iberia on the airline review websites are terrible, but also not that current. Any recent experience you can share?

Many thanks.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Iberia Airlines

Then they only have 4 days to close down;-) I seriously doubt that will be the case.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,164 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Iberia Airlines

The airline doesn't usually lose your luggage as they don't handle it. The baggage handling company usually lose luggage and they work for more than one airline, so you will have a few you will need to avoid, depending on which airports you fly from and to.

Food is subjective, and personal. Legroom only needed a bit of research before you booked and is pretty standard in economy cabins (more than the minimum required).

Seahouses, United...
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Iberia Airlines

Sorry Hans..meant 2013.

Level Contributor
86 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Iberia Airlines

We just got back from Costa Rica and flew Iberia Heathrow-Madrid-San Jose and read all the bad reviews about rude staff, delays, baggage loss etc.

I thought they were great, the long flight from Madrid to Costa Rica was made very comfortable by the very friendly and helpful air hostesses, we got a meal after take off, I was given a drink any time I asked(Havana Club Rum+Coke) they showed 2 movies and we were given another meal about 1 hour before landing. We were offered an upgrade to Business Class for around £360 online I think I may take that offer next time but we had emergency exit seats which were well worth the £50 per seat for 11 hour flight as I'm 6' 2"

Looking forward to flying with Iberia again.

York, United Kingdom
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Iberia Airlines

Hi my family are flying with this airline next week from Manchester to new York. We are going for my 40 th birthday,I hate flying and now after reading reviews I am panicking somewhat!!

Marbella, Spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Iberia Airlines

Hello everybody - I reiterate about lost or delayed luggage with Iberia. It has happened to me twice, October 2012 and November 2012, the former they settled my invoice after 2 months of phone calls (premium phone line) and written correspondence.

The latter, they simply deny it and say it was an Emirates problem - my route was Malaga - Madrid - Dubai - Kuala Lumpur.

The case (as previous) was never loaded at Malaga, reason - Iberia used to use Airbus 319/320 on the route but have replaced with smaller aircraft - (Bombardier) hence limited luggage space in the hold - so its a 50-50 chance your luggage travels with you.

To date they just refuse to acknowledge the 2nd claim - my case arrived in Kuala Lumpur 4 days later thanks to the excellent Emirates staff at Madrid who kept pestering Iberia in Malaga to load the damn case on an aircraft.

I receive emails from a Nicole Mariscal at Baggage claims in Madrid but she must be a ghost because when I telephone - there is no such person - the fax number on the Iberia website is now missing 2 digits - there is no email address and the revised postal address is suspect- in other words 'don't bother us with your problems' they will just blame another airline/airport/weather/strikes

I do the same trip every month but now either use Turkish Airlines via Istanbul or BA to London Gatwick. this I did in December and again this January - no problems, cheaper and my case travelled with me!!

If you want my advice - do not use Iberia.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Iberia Airlines

Is a short flight from Marseille to Barcelona going to be as much of a problem as a long flight? We are just looking to get from point A to point B...

Michigan
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Iberia Airlines

Iberia is simply awful. My best recommendation as a frequent flyer is to stay away from this company. Their staff is mostly untrained and they treat passengers with arrogance and disrespect. It is also unreliable with a high percentage of unsatisfied customers.

Michigan
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Iberia Airlines

It seems you were flying first class. For the rest of us, Iberia is a bad option.

Mougins, France
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Iberia Airlines

We travelled on March 2013 from Nice to Tenerife South via Madrid , on the way back we were denied access on board with our boarding pass in hand . Iberia had given our seats to somebody else . They gave us vouchers for an hotel to spend the night in Madrid , which was also overbooked . We lost one day of work , and had to pay for our hotel night in Madrid , up to now we did not received any financial compensation. Better avoid Iberia if possible. I forget to say that we had a frequent flyer card .

Edited: 09 July 2013, 09:29