We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed for Korean Air web check-in

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Advice needed for Korean Air web check-in

Anyone ever checked in online for a Korean Air international flight?

I have checked in successfully, but they seem to make a lot of 'printing out the boarding pass' on their website. Now I cannot print anything because I am in a hotel and don't have access to a printer obviously, so I am banking on just turning up without one and this not being a problem.

For Singapore Airlines I did not need a printed confirmation, I just give my name and that's it. After all, I have already checked in, they have my name on record as being checked in. All I am doing is 'bag dropping'.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice needed for Korean Air web check-in

But don't you need a boarding pass to get through security? I know nothing about Korean air; do you have the ability to use a mobile boarding pass (one sent directly to your phone)? If so, you don't need a printed pass.

Most hotels have computers for customer use, or will print your boarding pass if you ask.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15,038 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice needed for Korean Air web check-in

I guess the OP means turn up at the airport and have a boarding pass printed there, before going through security.

Don't know what KAI's policy is but I'd presume that they would make it very clear on their website if it is required that the passenger prints his boarding pass in advance.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice needed for Korean Air web check-in

I am not aware of any airline with the exception of Ryanair that makes it mandatory to check in online and print your boarding pass.

I'm sure there will be numerous people who won't check in at all, and some like you who can do it all except print the boarding pass, so id be confident that KA will issue you your boarding passing at bag drop / passport check. BA for example will do this if you check in online but don't actually print your boarding pass.

Edited: 26 October 2011, 20:36
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11,487 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice needed for Korean Air web check-in

Most hotels are able to print out a document like that for you.

5. Re: Advice needed for Korean Air web check-in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 12:16