We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone know of alphaflightguru.com - are they reputable

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Does anyone know of alphaflightguru.com - are they reputable

Hello, I am looking to buy Busienss Class tickets from Australia to Paris and return and this group -alphaflightguru.com - operating our of the US I think - have come up with a good price. Are they reputable? My husband is concerned about sending $10,000+ off to them - will our money be safe and will we get our tickets etc? any advice would be appreciated.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anyone know of alphaflightguru.com - are they reputable

Google is your friend:

ripoffreport.com/air-travel/wholesale-flight…

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone know of alphaflightguru.com - are they reputable

OP - I remember your previous threads, and I really don't think you are going to find these cheap business class seats. If you book through a company like this one, they are purchasing people's FF miles, which is in violation of every airline program I know anything about.

You could end up with a cancelled ticket and lose all your money. Not worth the risk.

3. Re: Does anyone know of alphaflightguru.com - are they reputable

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 December 2011, 10:35
4. Re: Does anyone know of alphaflightguru.com - are they reputable

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 December 2011, 10:35
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,881 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does anyone know of alphaflightguru.com - are they reputable

If I recall they are the ones that broker other people's frequent flyer miles. If so then no they're not reputable at all. Buying/selling FF miles is against all airlines' T+Cs. If the airline finds out they'll cancel your ticket and you'll be stranded up a creek without a paddle (and $10,000 the poorer).

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,646 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does anyone know of alphaflightguru.com - are they reputable

cicagollee is obviously a shill for this dodgy company. Please report the post to get rid of it.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does anyone know of alphaflightguru.com - are they reputable

both posts reported as spam

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,856 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does anyone know of alphaflightguru.com - are they reputable

Laura L

I would really stay away from sites such as this one.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Does anyone know of alphaflightguru.com - are they reputable

I to would be very concerned sending $10,000 to an on line company in a foreign country. Will our money be safe and will we get our tickets? who knows but why would anyone in their right mind take the risk.

Use your common sense and go directly to the airline or use a reputable agent.

Edited: 31 December 2011, 11:36
10. Re: Does anyone know of alphaflightguru.com - are they reputable

Removed on: 06 January 2012, 23:05