We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qantas.....

nsw
Level Contributor
484 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Qantas.....

I hope everyone who has travel plans with the flying Kangaroo has successfully made alternate travel plans.....

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qantas.....

???

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Qantas.....

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293915-i3686-k491…

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qantas.....

Yes, just found what the OP means.

Why not just mention what is happening in stead of a cryptic message like this though?

nsw
Level Contributor
484 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qantas.....

Sorry......

Nowra, Australia
Level Contributor
389 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qantas.....

Just heard on the news only a few minutes ago...

Qantas has grounded its entire domestic and international flights.

shazz

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qantas.....

"Sorry......"

No worries, you just confused me, and maybe some others as well.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
508 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Qantas.....

Yes in his wisdom Mr Joyce has grounded the whole Qantas Fleet.

Good One lol

…ninemsn.com.au/national/8367129/qantas-will…

From Airasia facebook page if it helps anyone

AUD $150 rescue fares for affected passengers.

anyone holding a valid QF ticket to or from any of our AAX destinations (D7 flight code) for immediate travel can access our special rescue fare of AUD$150 (all inclusive) per sector outbound from Australia.

Simply arrive at any AAX airport with a hard copy of your valid Qantas ticket and if we have a seat available we will sell it to you for AU$ 150 per sector ex Australia.

For example it will be possible for passengers to reach destinations including London and Paris for $300 one way from Australia.

Please note that this is only for AAX (Flight code D7) destinations. Passengers can take advantage of booking other AirAsia low cost fares online at www.airasia.com to reach their onward destination.

Guests can arrive at the airport three hours before our scheduled departures and visit the service desk with their valid QF ticket to check availability and take advantage of the special fare.

Cheers Andrew

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Qantas.....

Qantas are paying for hotels and other expenses also giving full refunds so hopefully everyone will be able to get where they are going .

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Qantas.....

"Qantas are paying for hotels and other expenses also giving full refunds so hopefully everyone will be able to get where they are going."

Just not when they paid to be there by, and it's tough titttties about any flight cost differentials incurred by passengers.

**Well done Air Asia, and similar deals starting to be offered by Virgin Australia.

A pox on Alan Joyce and his board (including Peter Cosgrove).

Edited: 29 October 2011, 12:23
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Qantas.....

Good on the low cost carriers!! Never had a problem with any of them! I almost booked Qantas to Sydney the other weekend as it was the cheapest but thank Gawd I didn't!

So after a $3m pay rise his first decision is to ground all flights on a weekend, and Melbourne Cup weekend at that! What an absolute retard!!

Air Asia, Jetstar, Virgin you'll always have my business!