We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FYI: Good News for Thai (TG) passengers BKK-LHR v.v

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,358 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
FYI: Good News for Thai (TG) passengers BKK-LHR v.v

Hi,

As information,

Very good news for LHR-BKK v,v Thai passengers tired of the outdated IFE aircraft.

Thai today formally announced that with effect from 01DEC that their daily TG910/TG911 (red-eye BKK departure, early AM LHR departure) will now operate with their NEWLY REFURBISHED B744's..

further..

With effect from 15DEC their daily TG916/TG917 (PM BKK departure, afternoon LHR departure) will now operate with their NEWLY REFURBISHED B744's..

Therefore, after 15DEC *ALL* BKK-LHR v.v services will now be operated with their upgraded and refurbished B744's.

Thai Airways:

prthaiairways.com/thaiair_4p/…

Travel Safe,

London
Level Contributor
8,118 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FYI: Good News for Thai (TG) passengers BKK-LHR v.v

Excellent news - IFE has never been an important factor for me but obviously this will improve the flight.

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,184 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FYI: Good News for Thai (TG) passengers BKK-LHR v.v

Great news GOPBI.Only problem for me is the lovely ladies stuff so much Dom down my neck,I fall asleep and miss the ife.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
194 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FYI: Good News for Thai (TG) passengers BKK-LHR v.v

Does this mean the aircraft in question will have a newer feel to the cabin? One of the things that's put me off traveling with them before has been reports of their tatty interiors.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,358 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FYI: Good News for Thai (TG) passengers BKK-LHR v.v

Hi,

Angrylips,

"Does this mean the aircraft in question will have a newer feel to the cabin? One of the things that's put me off traveling with them before has been reports of their tatty interiors."

Yes, pretty much everything you see and touch will have been overhauled.. seats, seat fabric, carpets, etc.. the only thing I recall that is OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer,) is the ceiling tiles and OHB (Over-Head Bin)units.

Travel Safe,

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FYI: Good News for Thai (TG) passengers BKK-LHR v.v

Has anyone flown on the refurbished LHR-BKK route yet? I am due to fly at the end of April and wondering if the IFE has indeed been installed and if it is currently operating on this rough for TG911.

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FYI: Good News for Thai (TG) passengers BKK-LHR v.v

I am awaiting the delivery of TG's first A380 before making this trip. LHR-BKK is one of the routes I want to fly. I have done LHR-SIN and LHR-ICN direct.

TBH though, Thai do not have a good reputation for IFE or cabin presentation.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,624 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: FYI: Good News for Thai (TG) passengers BKK-LHR v.v

have a look here

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/thai.htm

for reviews.

pam

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
34,841 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: FYI: Good News for Thai (TG) passengers BKK-LHR v.v

I expect you are talking about economy, I flew Thai 747 mid November business, and thought it was very acceptable, (except the bed).

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: FYI: Good News for Thai (TG) passengers BKK-LHR v.v

Thanks pam

Think I have already checked this one out before. I rang Thai airways today as they said its a shared tv so it could e one long flight. I keep getting conflicting reports and reviews though.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: FYI: Good News for Thai (TG) passengers BKK-LHR v.v

Thanks for reply. Looks like it maybe a long flight,yikes.