We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lufthansa - the company that keeps giving..

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Lufthansa - the company that keeps giving..

...me headaches. Last night, rather than sleeping my blood pressure kept climbing as I was thinking about Lufthansa.

I've been dealing with them but have hit a brick wall so I'm resorting to my fellow travellers.

On Oct 27, 2011, Lufthansa wrote to me: "we issued you a check based on our 100/50% policy, hence a check for CAD $437.50." I received this check and based on this phrasing, I expected another check for $437.50 when I promptly returned my purchased items

Lufthansa acknowledged receipt of said items. I know this because in the same Oct 27th email, the Public Relations Office writes "You may expect to receive two separate checks, one for CAD $537.50 and a second check for CAD $160.00. We did not include CAD $71.50 for the black dress which was not included in the package received by our offices in Canada." I've told them repeatedly that I did not buy a black dress WHICH I DIDN'T.

And BTW, does this mean I can expect another cheque for $537.50?

They've got me totally confused. Does anyone know a contact with Lufthansa as I'm getting nowhere fast with

Customer Relations North America

Lufthansa German Airlines

1640 Hempstead Turnpike

East Meadow, NY

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,697 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lufthansa - the company that keeps giving..

"They've got me totally confused"

Me too. Are you sure you're dealing with the right entity? Sounds like you purchased something through one of their FF awards partners and not Lufthansa directly. I would try to find out who the actual supplier is/was and contact them.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,209 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lufthansa - the company that keeps giving..

"They've got me totally confused."

And you've got me totally confused! I haven't the foggiest idea what you're talking about. Check for what? Some kind of refund, or compensation? Last time I checked LH sold air tickets, not black dresses.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lufthansa - the company that keeps giving..

I know the airline industry's having a tough time of it right now, but when did Lufthansa diversify into clothes?

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,159 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lufthansa - the company that keeps giving..

Im glad it wasn't just me who found this post quite baffling. Im intrigued to know more though :-)

Edited: 27 December 2011, 16:14
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,624 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lufthansa - the company that keeps giving..

I suspect a delayed baggage claim has been percolating through the Lufty system.

It sounds as if there was a delayed bag, Gaston bought some essentials and LH are reimbursing for the items. But not a black dress (obviously, he didn't buy one!).

And if not a delayed baggage claim then I'm out of ideas.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
7,637 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lufthansa - the company that keeps giving..

It looks like gaston sent a 'package' back to their offices, who ever they are. But the black dress wasn't in the package. Yes, I'm also confused.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,795 posts
1,037 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lufthansa - the company that keeps giving..

I never cease to be amazed and amused - and sometimes thoroughly confused - by TA threads . . . ;-)

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lufthansa - the company that keeps giving..

<<I suspect a delayed baggage claim has been percolating through the Lufty system. >>

I doubt it TP, why would he be returning purchased items to a Lufthansa address in Canada? I cant imagine any scenario involving lost baggage which involves you buying clothes from the airline !

Perhaps he bought something from their airline magazine?

Unless the OP returns with the first half of the story, or someone here develops psychic powers, this will remain a mystery.

London, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Lufthansa - the company that keeps giving..

Lufthansa, like several airlines, sells an awful lot of things:

https:/…

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,697 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lufthansa - the company that keeps giving..

"Lufthansa, like several airlines, sells an awful lot of things:"

Probably not. Most have partnership agreements with a number of companies so as to allow their FF members to accumulate miles in ways other than by flying. However, they are, in most cases not the actual seller of the products.

Edited: 28 December 2011, 15:23