We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CheapOAir

Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
CheapOAir

Have anyone tried booking with this agent? If yes, what was your experience? Mine was the prices they published on tripadvisor were very different from the actual cost( more).

Nanoose Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
292 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CheapOAir

Search the forum and make your decision based on your findings. You'll also notice that the number of complaints against 3rd party websites is very large. If you do some proper online research you'll find that most of the time you'll do better purchasing tickets direct from airlines.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,804 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CheapOAir

Do a search in the box above. You'll find plenty of horror stories.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CheapOAir

My advice is book directly with the airline, especially if you are not an experienced traveler. You have the most protection that way, and you are removing the middle man. Much easier.

Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CheapOAir

CheapoAir sent me a confirmation for a full payment for a ticket in the amount of $1800.04, then charged a separate (undisclosed) fee of $94.18, plus the aircompany Air Astana charged me twice and refunded lass than what it charged the second time around. Altogether I ended up paying $139.23 more than what CheapoAir assured me I would pay. Fraudsters!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,209 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CheapOAir

Yes, search this forum, plenty of feedback, overwhelmingly negative, though sometimes it's tough separating the genuine cases from ranters that didn't read the T+C's before booking.

That said, there's also a developing thread running on the London forum that poses some questions about cheapo's ticketing policy and customer service (though we're waiting for feedback from the OP on the outcome). Read the whole thread. It didn't start as a rant about cheapo which makes it more genuine. Based on that thread, I wouldn't touch cheapo with a bargepole.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k52806…

Boston...
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: CheapOAir

used cheapoair to fly from boston to auckland rt

no hidden cost and everything according to plan

would use them again

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,830 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CheapOAir

Used cheapoair a number of times in the past year - mostly for the NY - TLV route - booking on various different airlines - also a few domestic US flights.

As long as you realize that the ticket will not be refundable and it will cost an arm and a leg to change flights - in our experience it was fine.

There were no surprises, no extra costs, no hidden charges and the price charged was what showed up on their website.

Just make sure you read carefully and make sure that before the final purchase screen you are sure you have the final price including all the taxes - they were cheaper than anywhere else.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CheapOAir

I actually purchased a couple tickets from them for family members, and all went well. We knew what we were getting into and didn't try to make any changes.

9. Re: CheapOAir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 May 2012, 15:35
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,624 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: CheapOAir

'Flights get cancelled and they don't advise you!!' Airlines cancel and change times of flights. Third party on line booking agents have nothing to do with any airline's timetables.

'... they won't tell you u are allowed a refund ....' Many deeply discounted fares are non-exchangeable and non-refundable, again nothing to do with any on line web booking site. The Terms and Conditions of ticket purchase are those of the airline - and in order to buy any ticket, even from a third party booking agent, one must agree to the T&Cs of the airline before purchase.

'They guys have me getting up at 3:00 in the morning for a flight...i don't know if I PHYSICALLY CAN !' Millions of us who do shift work are awake at all hours of the night, proving that it's very possible to be quite functional at less than salubrious hours.