We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair & weight allowance

Sheffield, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Ryanair & weight allowance

Hello

I'm a bit confused by Ryanair's T&C. I have two bags to check in, but I'm not sure whether adding a 2nd bag will also add weight allowance. That is, whether the 2nd bag is actually an extra 15kg, making the combined weight of 2 checked bags 35 kg.

If anyone has experience with this - I would appreciate your help.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,626 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair & weight allowance

It looks to me as though the first checked bag CAN be up to 20kg (if you want that) and the second checked bag Can only be up to 15kg.

It also looks to me as though I would choose a different airline! :-S

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair & weight allowance

35Kgs?? How long you going for??

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair & weight allowance

As far as Im aware you can only check in one bag with ryanair. a 15kg bag or a 20kg bag. i dont think you can check 2 bags in.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,411 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair & weight allowance

You can book one bag at time of booking and can select either 15kg or 20kg. You can add an extra bag after booking which can weigh 15kg. So total either 30kg or 35kg. You can only check a max of 2 bags per person.

Edited: 15 January 2012, 17:41
Essex
Level Contributor
27,626 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair & weight allowance

IT says you cannot 'pool' the luggage allowance though, so your first bag must ONLY weigh 20kg or less (if you choose that option) or 15kg or less (if you choose that option. Your second bag must ONLY weigh 15kg or less.

Any XS baggage is charged per KG at a stonking rate!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair & weight allowance

You also have your hand luggage "allowance" which is one bag / item up to 10 KG within the size limits specified on the Ryanair site

Sheffield, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair & weight allowance

Thanks, this is what I assumed (cannot be too sure with Ryanair, though...). As their customer service is non-existent, I've read other forums discussing Ryanair luggage policy and people are of different opinions on this. I suppose not many people fly with 2nd checked luggage when choosing Ryanair - can't find any first hand accounts.

London UK
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair & weight allowance

You can check in a maximum of two bags with Ryanair. The first can be either 15 or 20 kilos, the second must be 15 kilos. Book them both online as its much cheaper than at the airport. Make sure that the bags weigh 20 and 15 kilos respectively. Dont let either bag go over the weight limit or they will charge you £20 per kilo. You can also take 10 kgs of hand (carry on) luggage free but that must all be packed in a single bag as you are allowed only one carry on. Dont forget to check in online and print your own boarding passes to take to the airport. Failure to do so will result in a charge of £60 per person to have the staff print your passes at the airport.

Norfolk, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair & weight allowance

How did you get on? I am in the same situation. Thanks

Sheffield, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair & weight allowance

Hi!

You get 35 kg if you pay for two bags (eg 15 kg + 20 kg).

Have a nice trip.