We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budgetborne.com any experience please?

Tannum Sands...
Level Contributor
147 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Budgetborne.com any experience please?

I've come across a website budgetborne.com offering business and first class fares at wholesale prices.

Has anyone heard of or used this company? Would love feedback on legitimacy.

Thanks in advance

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budgetborne.com any experience please?

Frankly, I wouldn't even consider purchasing from this place. There are so many inaccuracies and spelling/grammar errors on the webpage; that alone scares me off.

This is information about the owner of this company:

Registrant:

JEREMIAH MARMORSTEIN

535 KENT AVE

BROOKLYN, New York 11211

United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: BUDGETBORNE.COM

Created on: 09-Nov-10

Expires on: 09-Nov-12

Last Updated on: 24-Oct-11

Administrative Contact:

MARMORSTEIN, JEREMIAH YMARMORSTEIN@GMAIL.COM

535 KENT AVE

BROOKLYN, New York 11211

United States

(917) 250-1277

Picture of the apartment building in which this company is located:

zillow.com/homedetails/…

homes.com/Home-Prices/…

Edited: 16 January 2012, 15:01
Tannum Sands...
Level Contributor
147 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budgetborne.com any experience please?

Thanks for info.

As usual, if it appears to be too good to be true, it usually is. My initial concern was no mention of affiliation with any Travel or Agent association.

Seems instincts correct (again)! Thank you for your input :)

Reading
Level Contributor
288 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budgetborne.com any experience please?

From what I've read here in the last few weeks it's not just a matter of legitimate traders but the whole market being illegitimate because they are trading in a commodity which the issuers deem is not transferable for cash.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,856 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budgetborne.com any experience please?

I see someone has already given you links to pictures of the "establishment",--sometimes it is a good idea to put a business address into google maps and street view it.

Sometimes that is enough!

Edited: 16 January 2012, 18:49
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budgetborne.com any experience please?

Yes, appears someone is running this business from their apartment, and these businesses are usually someone purchasing FF miles from people and using them to book award seats, which they then sell to the customer. This is not allowed by any airline program and can result in your ticket being cancelled.

Just not worth the risk.

Edited: 16 January 2012, 22:47
Sydney, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Budgetborne.com any experience please?

I have actually booked flights through this company and regardless of their address I am happy with their service. I have also booked with alphaflightguru.com and they were equally professional.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,649 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Budgetborne.com any experience please?

I once bet my rent money for the month on a horse and won. Doesn't mean it was a good idea or that I recommend others do the same.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Budgetborne.com any experience please?

Wow - how lucky that Pitsky B just happened to be browsing the air forum on tripadvisor, happened to have used this company, and made their first ever post as a testimonial for them. Small world, eh?

9. Re: Budgetborne.com any experience please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 March 2012, 16:27
10. Re: Budgetborne.com any experience please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2013, 09:19