We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair Dublin - Fuerteventura

5 posts
Save Topic
Ryanair Dublin - Fuerteventura

Hi there

It's been a while since I flew with RA and never from Dublin, only taking hand baggage and wanted to know if anyone has travelled recently and can answer a few questions?

Can I carry in my hand,my book, magazine and water and have my headphones round my neck?

Also considering puttin a light blanket round my shoulders cape style since its a 5 hour flight lol!! Oh can I carry my travel pillow too?

I'm gonna b carrying a lot! Will share it out with other half tho as he will have all toiletries in pockets. I think my bag will b ok just worried and would rather walk straight on to plane

Thanks for reading.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,286 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair Dublin - Fuerteventura

You never know with Ryanair. I've carried reading material, water bottles, and head phones on board by hand (or neck) lots of times and never been stopped. Not sure they'd let you through with a blanket and pillow though.If you can't fit the latter in your carry-on, why not just pay for luggage and not have to worry? I don't think anyone in here can tell you that you will definitely be able to carry those things on board without problems and if you do get caught it will be more expensive.

5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair Dublin - Fuerteventura

Thanks for speedy reply. Know I'm pushin it with pillow but since I have a lot more logic than Ryanair it would make sense to carry it since I'll b using it!!

I'm not payin the mega fees for a bag I can fit everythin in, just the pillow was questionable.

Was just wondering if anyone had been thru Dublin recently. I used to fly Ryan air 4x a month from Belfast and could have answered all manner of questions but haven't for a good few years now

Thanks again

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,286 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair Dublin - Fuerteventura

Not sure why the fact that you'll be using the pillow on board is relevant. IMO it's an item that should clearly be carried in your hand luggage. That said, you might get ground staff that don't pay attention or don't crae, you'll never know until you're there.

Edited: 18 January 2012, 23:29
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair Dublin - Fuerteventura

It's an item I'll use on board and won't b gettin stored in overhead lockers I'll b using it the whole time and it will effectively b on my person at all times. Not stored as luggage.

Was just a query. I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me from experience as opposed to an uninformed opinion. That is all.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair Dublin - Fuerteventura

Hi there

Squash the pillow into your pocket, headphones round your neck, blanket over your shoulders like a shawl, water bottle in your pocket and book in your hand with hand luggage in your other hand. Easy, you will be fine. I even manage to put a portable DVD player in my pocket with the DVD's repacked into envelopes and also placed in my pocket.

Enjoy your flight

Jackie

5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair Dublin - Fuerteventura

Thanks Jackie. Sounds like a plan!!

Do u travel from Dublin? If it came to it id lose the pillow its just a wee cheapie but handy. I do like my comfort on a long sober flight!

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair Dublin - Fuerteventura

Hi

No I travel from Gawick or at a push Stansted. I've never been stopped yet. If I can't get it in the bag then I stash it about my person.

Jackie

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair Dublin - Fuerteventura

I used RA from Dublin a few months ago. They were pretty strict. During boarding they were telling people to put a tiny plastic bag in their carry on.

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair Dublin - Fuerteventura

Just put the pillow under your jacket and zip It up! You ll just look a bit overweight :-)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,286 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair Dublin - Fuerteventura

"I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me from experience as opposed to an uninformed opinion. "

My opinion is not uninformed. I've flown with Ryanair what must be hundreds of times by now, and a dozen times from Dublin. The problem is that you seem to want someone to tell you that you can carry a pillow on board without problems and nobody can tell you that. It will depend on who is at the gate on the day. Sometime they meticulously check everything, sometimes they just hurry people on board without checking anything. That you want to use the item on board is entirely irrelevant. The rule is not "1 piece of carry-on, plus whatever you want to use on board". If it's an inflatable pillow, just let the air out and put it in your pocket as Jackie says.

Edited: 19 January 2012, 09:11