We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is $815 a good price for dc to Dublin

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
785 posts
258 reviews
Save Topic
is $815 a good price for dc to Dublin

I am wondering if 815 from Dc To Dublin(roundtrip) is a good deal, or if I should wait to see if something better pops up. I am travelling from May 28th, until June 28th. Thanks.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is $815 a good price for dc to Dublin

It's a good price; I see nothing that low on any airlines for your routing and date.

Assuming you are finding this on a third party site?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,648 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is $815 a good price for dc to Dublin

I did a search on kayak for those dates and the lowest price it came up with was $938 which suggests $815 is good but nobody can say for certain whether the price will go up or down in coming weeks.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
785 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is $815 a good price for dc to Dublin

Am i correct in thinking that usually prices go up, as you get closer to the departure date?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is $815 a good price for dc to Dublin

Am i correct in thinking that usually prices go up, as you get closer to the departure date?

=======

Once you get within 60 days, unless a sale occurs, yes.And then at that point it can jump in leaps and bounds at various "boundaries" 1 month 2 months 21 days, whatever. All mitigated by sales or specials so teher are no absolute rules.

FWIW its not at all uncommon for someone to post here that they were waiting for the price to drop just another $50 before booking, and instead it went up by $200, and "when will it fall again". So dont imagine that even if its an even chance of a rise or fall, its an even balance of loss or gain.

And also, don't imagine you or anyone else can know when the fare is at the lowest its ever going to be.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
785 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is $815 a good price for dc to Dublin

Thanks again for the input.

6. Re: is $815 a good price for dc to Dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2013, 10:20