We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pubs

darlington
Level Contributor
78 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Pubs

Hi,

We will be staying at the airport Hilton and as refurbs are going on at this time I was wondering if anyone knows of a pub within walking distance of the hotel.

Thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,345 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Pubs

what airport?

darlington
Level Contributor
78 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pubs

Just tried to edit my previous,Manchester is the one.A slap on the wrist for me.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
17,564 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pubs

The Airport Hotel is just along Ringway Road, I'd say about a mile away from the Hilton / Rail terminal. Possibly walkable if you're up to it.

There is also the Tatton Arms a couple of minutes walk further along Ringway Road at the junction although I've not been in here.

http://www.theairporthotel.com/

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,345 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Pubs

sorry can't help you with Manchester.airport

uk
Level Contributor
3,513 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pubs

There are big road works underway outside the Hilton at the moment which has created a real slalom for cars with huge barriers. I really wouldn't try walking anywhere at the moment!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
17,564 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pubs

The roadworks are on Outwood Lane where they are doing work on a new Metrolink for the airport. I'd say let the OP decide if they are up to walking - I wouldn't say not to do it. Once you are on Ringway Road it's a straight trek to the pub.

uk
Level Contributor
3,513 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pubs

Yes, once on Ringway road it is pretty straight forward but the road works are right outside the Hilton entrance, getting along Outwood Lane will be the challenge and possible dangerous at the moment IMO.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
355 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pubs

The area is a mess at the moment and personally l wouldn't want to walk it.

A taxi may be the answer for peace of mind, safety and comfort.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,000 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pubs

I would say its a pretty long walk to the Tatton Arms, passed there on Monday and would not want to walk it

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,184 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pubs

A short taxi ride to the Ship in Styal or the Romper around the back of the airport.