We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LHR-Zurich - any reason not to book now?

New Westminster...
Level Contributor
573 posts
267 reviews
Save Topic
LHR-Zurich - any reason not to book now?

I've read the "Screwy ticket prices" thread, and the general rules seem to be (1) if you get a decent price grab it, (2) it's probably best to book through the airline site

That said, I want to go LHR-Zurich a week before the Olympics. I'm thinking that Buy Now makes even more sense.

Oh, and RyanAir and its ilk are not an option for us.

Is there anything else I should know before acting?

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LHR-Zurich - any reason not to book now?

Prices are screwy and do go up and down, you just have to decide what you think is reasonable.

Generally prices dont go down, they start low and as they get closer to departure and fill up they go up accordingly.

So if you have seen a price you feel reasonable for the airline and service it will provide you with, book it sooner rather than later and then NEVER go back andcheck the price!!!

:-)

New Westminster...
Level Contributor
573 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LHR-Zurich - any reason not to book now?

Thanks. You mention a lesson that applies to other things too - once you have bought something don't ever look back.

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LHR-Zurich - any reason not to book now?

It applies in a lot of things in life, but not many as crushing as seeing an air fare drop hundreds of ££.

Like I said though that is rare.

Im not sure if you want to tell us, which airline and the price quoted??

:-)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LHR-Zurich - any reason not to book now?

I keep checking matrix which is a fare comparison website then book directly with the airline when an airline has lowered the price but I've found that flights to Zurich generally don't change much so book if you think it's a good price.

5. Re: LHR-Zurich - any reason not to book now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 16:23