We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair Online check in

Ripon
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair Online check in

Hi, can anyone help. I have never travelled with ryanair before, or checked in online. If you don't have your boarding pass its £60 for a re-issue at the airport so don't want that to happen. I have checked in and printed my boarding pass but its only for the outward journey to Malta. Should I have one to come back or is the pass issued at Valletta. Tried customer services but can never get through. Thanks

177 replies to this topic
Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,881 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
111. Re: Ryanair Online check in

The seven days is from each flight. As long as a flight on your booking is more than seven days away, you can't check in for that flight (unless you pay for allocated seating). So you can check in from today for a flight on the 15th but you won't be able to check in for a flight on the 22nd until the 15th, unless you pay to choose a seat.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,886 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
112. Re: Ryanair Online check in

You can only check in for your homebound flight 7 days prior to the flight, unless you pay to prebook seats.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,730 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
113. Re: Ryanair Online check in

I'm using Ryanair in July for a 10 day holiday, fly out on the 2nd, return on the 12th. We don't book reserved seats when we make our flight booking as we get to the airport early enough and before we find ourselves in a long queue. We usually get either two seats together or at least two isle seats in the same row. We book through Ryanair's own website, not a third party.

We do the online check-in 4 or 5 days prior to the outbound flight and print off both outbound AND return flight vouchers, am I lead to believe that you can't print off your return voucher at the same time anymore? We've never had any problems with this in the past or had any problem at the airport for a return flight so don't want any now! Surely once you've printed off both outbound and return vouchers that's it, you shouldn't have to re- check-in online again when you're on holiday? Anyone clear this up please?

Edited: 08 May 2014, 16:03
Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,881 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
114. Re: Ryanair Online check in

jambonian2, the entire system has changed. ALL seats are now assigned. It is no longer a question of getting to the airport early to queue up to get the best choice of seats.

The only way to choose your seat now is to pay. If you don't pay, you will automatically be assigned seats (together if two seats are available together) when you check in. You cannot check in for any flight more than 7 days ahead unless you have paid to select seats. |I fyou pay, it's 30 days. So you will need to check in for your return flight while you are away unless you pay for seat selection. (By July, you should be able to do mobile check in if you have a smartphone.)

So to be very clear - in your case, unless you pay to pre-select your seats, you will NOT be able to check in for your return flight at the same time as your outbound. If you do pay for seat assignment you will be able to check in for your return flight up to 30 days before, ie before you leave.

Edited: 08 May 2014, 16:09
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
115. Re: Ryanair Online check in

Ryanair have more than excelled themselves on this one .This must be the all time rip off not just money wise but intelligent wise! Do they really believe we all carry laptops and printers on Holiday?This will be the last time I fly Ryaniar.I would rather pay extra for something that says what it is than have this underhand scam.It seems to me that the owner is on a control and power trip!

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,881 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
116. Re: Ryanair Online check in

ROFL GEEBEE11.

Other airlines don't let you check in until 24 hours before. Why are people not complaining about that? And have you seen what airlines like BA charge to pre-select seats?

I doubt that many people would not at least have access to the internet at some point, even on a smartphone (mobile check in is coming in June so no need to print boarding passes) or in an internet cafe.

But for the non-tech savvy, I don't see that £5 is too much to pay for a service. If you don't have the ability to do something that you need doing, it is usually the case that you have to pay to have it done. I bought a recliner the other week. I have a van so I was able to bring it home with me. If not, I would have had to pay £20 to have it delivered. You can say that is discrimination against people with small cars but if you are going to buy at that shop (or fly with Ryanair) you have to factor in the various costs vs the inconvenience . In my case, to get to Alghero where I am flying next week in any other way would have cost at least £250 return which would have included a checked bag and allocated seats (and connecting flights). Instead I am paying a base fare of £50 return with Ryanair, plus £10 return to select seats. I don't need a checked bag, so I'm not paying for it with FR. And in the scheme of what I am saving, £10 is not a big deal.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
19,447 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
117. Re: Ryanair Online check in

It's not underhand and it's not a scam, it's all there for you to read before you book. You did read those T&C's didn't you, you know the one you agreed to?

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
118. Re: Ryanair Online check in

Ryanair are bringing out an App in June similar to the BA one.

As long as you have a smart phone or tablet, you will be able to scan your phone at the gate. It really will be that easy.

Perhaps this will quell some of the Ryanair hysteria.

Edited: 08 May 2014, 16:33
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,730 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
119. Re: Ryanair Online check in

DouglasDC8,

So, i'll have to find an internet station while I'm away to check-in and print off the boarding passes for our return then, ok. We're never bothered about what seats we get, we'll sit anywhere we're given, hence the reason we don't pre-book them but if I do have to use this lot again in future i'll pay for seat allocation at the time of the whole booking process. We booked both our outbound and return flights on 15th April and have confirmation of the booking, I now have to decide whether or not to go back on the website and choose seats or take what we're given as we normally do. If they know we have already paid to fly with them then surely they can't sell our seats to others, pre-booked or not. Thanks for the info, appreciated.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,164 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
120. Re: Ryanair Online check in

#118 No chance

(-:

Reply to: Ryanair Online check in
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted