We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair Online check in

Ripon
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair Online check in

Hi, can anyone help. I have never travelled with ryanair before, or checked in online. If you don't have your boarding pass its £60 for a re-issue at the airport so don't want that to happen. I have checked in and printed my boarding pass but its only for the outward journey to Malta. Should I have one to come back or is the pass issued at Valletta. Tried customer services but can never get through. Thanks

175 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
121. Re: Ryanair Online check in

Ryanair have more than excelled themselves on this one .This must be the all time rip off not just money wise but intelligent wise! Do they really believe we all carry laptops and printers on Holiday?This will be the last time I fly Ryaniar.I would rather pay extra for something that says what it is than have this underhand scam.It seems to me that the owner is on a control and power trip!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,187 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
122. Re: Ryanair Online check in

Posting rubbish once was enough geebee, but twice..........

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,037 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
123. Re: Ryanair Online check in

Indeed posting the same rant twice a couple of hours apart must surely be a sign of lack of intelligence on the posters behalf and not Ryanair.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,243 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
124. Re: Ryanair Online check in

What is it about Ryanair that brings out the ranters like GEEBEE

I use them all the time and find them just fine. I am happy to pay £5 to reserve a seat. What's the big deal?

Galston, Ayrshire
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
125. Re: Ryanair Online check in

You can check-in after midnight 7 days before your flight and if you are only going for 7 days you can check-in your return flight the day you leave. only if is more than 7 days do you either have to pay for a seat or print off when you are away.

You are either like me and cannot be bothered to download your boarding pass when on holiday of duration more than 7 days, then you pay for the return flight OR you don't mind doing it when on holiday then it's free (or the cost of the surfing / printing)

I have posted on my first time with the new system that answers some poster's questions. It's long if you can be bothered reading it here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k74332…

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
126. Re: Ryanair Online check in

Do they really believe we all carry laptops and printers on Holiday?

------------------------

We all have the right to be a bit of a numpty occasionally GEEBEE but you do seem to be abusing the privilege... Thanks for giving me a laugh this evening.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,817 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
127. Re: Ryanair Online check in

Some people just have no luck, GEEBEE's other post is also about getting ripped off....

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
Level Contributor
6,669 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
128. Re: Ryanair Online check in

Many hotels have a computer you can use to print boarding passes and there are usually internet cafes or libraries where you can use the computer so I really don't see this as a big issue, just an inconvenience. I often travel for 2/3 months and have several flights within that time and have seldom had a problem printing my boarding passes (or at least checking - in and printing at the airport).

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
129. Re: Ryanair Online check in

Actually it does feel like a scam when you have never travelled with Ryanair and you get hit for 70 pounds a person at the airport. I did NOT receive an email a few days before and only found it in my junk mail once i had paid the 140 pounds for mine and my son's outward travel. I showed staff at airport my inbox and all they did was show me when it was sent and didn't care that i had not received it. The strangest part was when i asked to speak to a manager i was told all the staff at birmingham airport dont work for ryanair and i will have to Dublin to complain....really? Fair? I think not!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
130. Re: Ryanair Online check in

I did NOT receive an email a few days before and only found it in my junk mail once i had paid the 140 pounds for mine and my son's outward travel.

======

Of you course you received it. You just received it in your junk mail folder, which is your fault, not Ryanairs.

Reply to: Ryanair Online check in
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted