We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair Online check in

Ripon
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair Online check in

Hi, can anyone help. I have never travelled with ryanair before, or checked in online. If you don't have your boarding pass its £60 for a re-issue at the airport so don't want that to happen. I have checked in and printed my boarding pass but its only for the outward journey to Malta. Should I have one to come back or is the pass issued at Valletta. Tried customer services but can never get through. Thanks

179 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
968 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Ryanair Online check in

If you do not like what Ryanair do with boarding cards, or anything else, don't use them. It really s that simple, a lot of people don't use them for various reasons.

I am not Ryanair's biggest fan, but they do tell you everything on their website. I really don't see why people jump on virtually every thread regarding Ryanair, with complaints about this that and the other. At least the *** *** phrase has not been used yet, but I am sure it will.

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Ryanair Online check in

Of course theres no point I think its just a money making issue. I must admit that I flew to Malta and had no problems with them, You get what you pay for and if you want extras you must pay which I suppose is fair enough.

Haarlem has got it right on --the difference is that Ryanair will charge a ridiculous price for printing off your ticket which you have already PAID FOR--Customer service at its best.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,861 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Ryanair Online check in

Of course there's a point, Ryanair are cutting costs by not having staff at the airport printing out boarding passes for passengers. In any case, I never understood the logic that it's bad customer service to ask that you adhere to the terms and conditions you agreed to when you booked your ticket.

Edited: 02 July 2012, 21:22
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,135 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Ryanair Online check in

Hi

It also amazes me that people equate the cost of printing out a boarding pass with the cost of the ink and the paper. They don't think of the money required to rent a space within the airport, pay someone a wage to stand there and do it and any other overheads which may be required. If they can do away with this service then obviously it reduces the cost which everyone must pay for a ticket, but increases the cost dramatically for anyone who doesn't bother.

So far in my travelling life I have always had two copies of my boarding pass at the ready, along with previously weighed and measured cases and an up to date passport.

A previous posted on another thread who was deleted for some reason said my turn to be savaged by Ryanair was round the corner, I will just do my best to avoid it.

All of us who advocate following the rules seem to manage incident free trips quite well, maybe this is a trick that others might try.

Jackie

Oslo, Norway
1 post
Save Reply
25. Re: Ryanair Online check in

Hi! I would like to book a ticket on Ryanair, but i dont have home printer, is it possible to get on my cell phone?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,861 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Ryanair Online check in

No, it has to be a paper copy.

Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Ryanair Online check in

My return flight is 20th sept so I'm within the 15 days rule but there is no option on the ryanair site to check in for the return flight. I have checked in and printed the boarding pass for the outbound flight with no probs. Am I doing something wrong?

Edited: 07 September 2012, 11:16
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,861 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Ryanair Online check in

Did you tick the box that says 'check in for inbound flight' (or something to that effect)?/

Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Ryanair Online check in

There's not a box with inbound anywhere. All I've got is reprint for outbound

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Ryanair Online check in

Perhaps your flights were booked as two separate sectors under different booking references rather than a 'return' under one reference. Have you considered this possibilty? Otherwise I can't see why your inbound flight boarding pass can't be printed if the flight is on 20th September.

Reply to: Ryanair Online check in
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted