We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jet 2 seating plan

n ireland
Level Contributor
205 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
jet 2 seating plan

i am traveling from belfast to alicante on a jet 2 flight. i have been given row 4. my question is it shows row 3 as wheelchairs on the seating plan, are there actual wheelchairs on that row or do they mean for wheelchair users. i am traveling with a 3 year old and if there arn't seats in front she may well become a problem to either elderly or disabled people.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
21,262 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jet 2 seating plan

I'e never been on a plane that had wheelchairs so I'd assume the symbol means the seats are "reserved" for wheelchair users.

Fairly sure that actual wheelchairs would not pass the various regulatory requirements for aircraft seats.

Darlington
Level Contributor
863 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jet 2 seating plan

No, there are no wheelchairs. Those seats are normally used for people who need assistance.

n ireland
Level Contributor
205 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jet 2 seating plan

thanks for your replys. the symbols on the seating plan confused me.

Preston
Level Contributor
45 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jet 2 seating plan

I am a wheelchair user and we are using Jet2 in August 2012.

They know we are taking my wheelchair with me but when I printed off the boarding cards we have not been allocated any of these seats.

I made the booking over the phone so that I could tell them about the wheelchair (there is no facility online any more to mention the wheelchair).

When using "Manage my booking" I cannot see the last half of the seating plan which is where our seats have been allocated.

Can anyone tell me where I can find a complete seating plan for Jet2.

Thank you

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
22,298 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jet 2 seating plan

Hi Sue, when you say you can only see half of the seating plan in manage my booking you should be able to scroll the seating plan to see further back.

I'd probably give them another call to remind them you're a wheelchair user.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
38,774 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jet 2 seating plan

Seating plan on a 757.

seatplans.com/airlines/…B757-200-16

According to Jet2 website the seats shown with a wheelchair logo can only be allocated on the day of departure by the airport check in team.

"If you want to take advantage of our on-line advanced seat selection and pick the seat of your choice at the time of booking (with the exception of emergency exit seats), then like all customers you are able to do so, and you will be charged the appropriate fee.

Those seats shown on our on-line seat map with the wheelchair logo, are only available for allocation on the day of departure by the check-in team and are specifically reserved for our customers with reduced mobility and their companion(s). These seats are generally towards the front of each cabin section and close to the onboard toilet facilities. If you have a confirmed mobility assistance place our check-in staff will make every effort to sit you and your party together in accordance with your requirements, provided of course that you check-in at least 2 hours prior to departure. Please ensure you make your requirements known at check-in if you have not pre-booked your specific seat on-line so we can do everything possible to seat you appropriately."

jet2.com/new/…medical-and-special-assistance

Preston
Level Contributor
45 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: jet 2 seating plan

Thank you for that reply.

I can see now that the allocated seats are quite a way from the toilet facilities as we would be on rows 19 out and 23 back.

As my problem is with mobility due to arthritis in knees ankles and hips my husband usually has to help me to get to the facililities.

It looks like an early start for me then if there is a possibility of changing my seats to more appropriate ones providing it is possible to change the already allocated seats.

It seemed much easier when we could state a disability while in the booking process.

At least it is not a long haul flight.

Thanx once again

Edited: 20 July 2012, 13:18
Wrexham
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: jet 2 seating plan

I would like to book a holiday for september, i have multiple sclerosis and struggle to get about but yet i cannot have seats row 1 like with thomson , thomas cook etc, i will not book with jet 2 because of this :(

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
38,774 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: jet 2 seating plan

You have just resurrected a thread that's been dormant for over 9 months!!

You can't book exit seats with any airline, unless you are physically fit. If the front row on Jet2 are exit seats you aren't allowed to book them. Nothing to do with the airline.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: jet 2 seating plan

In other words if you can't operate the procedures for removing and discarding the emergency exit door (and some strength and agility is required) you can't sit in an emergency exit row. I have seen cabin crew re-locate a passenger from an exit row- usually because of frailty,old age or obesity.