We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paid for legroom Seats on Thomson Airways UK-Greece

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Paid for legroom Seats on Thomson Airways UK-Greece

I have paid the supplements for my wife and me to have extra legroom seats for both legs of our May flights.I have just received an e-mail saying the seating plans for our flights are now available online for seat selection.I have not accessed them yet.What happens if I don't select seats by numbers? Do they just allocate us legroom seats at Check-In? We don't want window seats and if this is B757 or A320 would just as soon be allocated aisle seats either side of the aisle and we don't need to sit together (I still have to pay for all our refreshments wherever we are sitting!)

They surely don't pre-sell more legroom seats than they have on the aircraft?

I paid extra for these seats because the last time I flew with Thomson to/from Malaga the seat pitch was appalling.It is a long time since I booked flights as part of a European package holiday as I usually do DIY holidays.

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paid for legroom Seats on Thomson Airways UK-Greece

Why dont you just select your seats?? Bar an aircraft change you will know exactly what aircraft your flying on and where you are sitting.

Cant see any benefit to leaving it until check in, and as for not selling more extra legroom seats than they have, I wouldnt put it past them so get them chosen to be safe

:-)

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paid for legroom Seats on Thomson Airways UK-Greece

Lesson....don't fly charter. Ever.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,062 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paid for legroom Seats on Thomson Airways UK-Greece

"Lesson....don't fly charter. Ever."

Does this include not flying Thomson long haul where seat pitch in economy is 33"?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,030 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paid for legroom Seats on Thomson Airways UK-Greece

<Lesson....don't fly charter. Ever.>

????????? Give me 33" legroom on longhaul anyday over what a scheduled carrier offers.

Wirralscouse, just pick your seats out of what's left available? If you don't, your seats will be allocted the day before the flight.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paid for legroom Seats on Thomson Airways UK-Greece

Thanks Leyland.That's what I wanted to know and confirmed my expectation.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paid for legroom Seats on Thomson Airways UK-Greece

Now been on to Thomson online-Select Your Seat.Thomson had already allocated to us numbered legroom seats which,not being window,were acceptable.So all I had to do was confirm acceptance.I could have changed them.

7. Re: Paid for legroom Seats on Thomson Airways UK-Greece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2013, 10:23