We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia Refunds.

Air Asia Refunds.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2015, 10:12
mt barker, WA
Level Contributor
16 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Air Asia Refunds.

Have you tried your bank with whom the card was issued?

I had a issue with buying something with my credit card and after ACCC (toothless tiger) went to my bank, who issued the card.

The only thing the ACCC was interested in was creating a file of the firm that I bought something.

The bank informed me if the credit card was used the bank would wear any default and go after the firm. Refund given back within 2 days.

That was a M/Card with Bankwest

Chiang Mai, Thailand
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
32. Re: Air Asia Refunds.

Air Asia are infamous for not giving refunds. they just don't bother to answer you emails and act as if they are above the laws. They probably are ! The work from never never land in cyberspace! Try contacting your member of Parliament and consumer protection groups. They should be made to account for criminal behaviour!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Air Asia Refunds.

Which laws?

You can't expect airlines to make refunds for everything!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,193 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Air Asia Refunds.

Brianbrew55555

What a way to make your debut on TA. First try and hi-jack a totally unrelated post and then offer stupid advice. Anyone who books a flight with AirAsia agrees to their Booking Conditions which state that unless it is AirAsia's fault there are no refunds! Yet people constantly complain that they have cancelled a flight but have not received a refund - to which they are not entitled. That does not excuse very poor customer service and failure to make a refund when they have promised to do so. But to suggest they are above the law is plain stupid!

35. Re: Air Asia Refunds.

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 March 2013, 11:05
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Air Asia Refunds.

OP is more than ONE year old!

37. Re: Air Asia Refunds.

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 March 2013, 11:05
38. Re: Air Asia Refunds.

Removed on: 08 May 2013, 12:35
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Air Asia Refunds.

We have had no such luck ourselves i think there are many people in our situation like yourself and we need to get the press involved and really get stuck into Air Asia. We booked our flights last August and were flying on January 4th. They cancelled our flights in October 2012 and did not notify us until December 2012 that they will no longer be flying. We asked for a refund and they sent us an email in January asking for our bank details and today is the 8th of May and we are still waiting for this refund i have got all the names of everyone i have spoken to at the call centre every time i call i here a different story and it costs me money as it is a 1300 number. I am so fed up and if you are intending to go to the media please let me know as i will be right beside you. Thank you

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Air Asia Refunds.

Did you end up getting your refund from Air Asia as we are waiting as well. It has been 4 months now ringing them and screaming at the call center people has not done anything all they say is they are looking into this. Please let me know what action you have taken as i am considering going to the media with all this i am sure there will be many others who will come forward with their stories. Thanks