We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Genie

Callander, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Genie

A shower of chancers, don't buy tickets from this mob!

216 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Genie

A post like this is meaningless. Obviously you weren't happy, but without knowing what happened, it's not much of a warning.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Genie

Come on OP, if you're going to have a rant at least make it a proper one.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,748 posts
1,738 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Genie

I wonder what went wrong.

A family member of mines used them last year for a Dubai trip and spoke highly of them!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,036 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Genie

A half rant isn't likely to make me avoid a company!

Callander, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Genie

Don't try to get a refund, they hold your money for weeks and thats just the taxes. Unhelpful and ignorant.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,897 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Genie

>>Don't try to get a refund<<

Here's their website - http://www.holidaygenie.com/

Their ABTA accreditation checks out, so not a fraud/scam - abta.com/find-a-holiday/member-search/1718

When I googled them it returned - "Holidaygenie offers fantastic prices on amazing tailor made holidays, with cheap worldwide flights, ..."

Message to OP - "cheap" flights are almost always NON- refundable.

london
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Genie

We've just come back from a City Break to New York booked with Holiday Genie and I couldn't be happier. We stayed for 5 nights at the Hotel Ameritania on Broadway, had Virgin Flights and all for £1495 for 2 people.

T

he agent (Richard I think) was, courteous, efficient and helpful throughout and we couldn't be happier with the value, standards and service we received. We would most certainly both recommend and use them again. A1* agent!

As with most things, you will always get wide varying opinions and everybody's experiences and perceptions are very different. My advice would always be to take them with a pinch of salt and make up your own mind as we're all VERY different and so are our opinions. However, I would highly recommend Holiday Genie based my own personal experience.

Edited: 06 April 2012, 16:42
8. Re: Holiday Genie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2013, 15:32

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Genie

I booked a holiday to Sri Lanka through Holiday Genie (travelled March 2012) and everything went to plan, flights ,transfers and hotel..The price they advertised was the price i paid and it was a lot lower than other companies quotations..

I had an fantastic time and thank you Khalid for arranging this trip for me and providing the issue of tickets and vouchers within days.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Genie

Yes, same for steviesea, 6 years and now joining in.

Must be a quiet day at holiday genie if they can all spend time on here. Lol.

Reply to: Holiday Genie
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted