We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On line booking with Southwest

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
On line booking with Southwest

I am trying to book a fare online and the website acknowledges I don't live in USA BUT wont allow me to put in my phone number nor will it allow me to leave it blank. Got me stumped but I know one of you will be able to tell me what to do to get the booking accepted. Many thanks.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On line booking with Southwest

Did you try putting 011 in the area code box?

Edited: 19 March 2012, 23:51
Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: On line booking with Southwest

No but that might make matters worse as I run out of spaces already. However will give it a try and get back to you. Thanks

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On line booking with Southwest

If you are in Qld, try 07 (for Qld) and the first digit of the number in the first box, then the next three digits of the number in the next box and the last 4 in the last box.

If that doesn't work just make up a number - they won't want to call you!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,912 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: On line booking with Southwest

"If that doesn't work just make up a number - they won't want to call you!"

They probably won't. However, putting in a fake phone number could cause the booking to fail as it's often one of the items used for CC verification.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: On line booking with Southwest

Well I will try that if all else fails. I am out and about ATM but will let you know how I get on.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,634 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: On line booking with Southwest

I just tried to make a dummy booking at the WN website using my UK-based mobile number.

The 011 is in situ in a shaded box labelled 'If outside the US'. The small white box just to the right of that 011 accepted the first three digits of my number, with the rest of the number going in the second box.

Hopefully it will work for you when you have another go.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: On line booking with Southwest

Success managed to split my own phone number between the three boxes available, looked a bit funny but it worked. Many thanks. BTW Southwest do a wonderful fare only on Wednesdays from L.A. to Vegas. $45 each way.

8. Re: On line booking with Southwest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2013, 09:25