We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short connection time at DFW

United States
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Short connection time at DFW

I am flying to LAS from EWR by way of DFW in May. My flight is scheduled to land in DFW at 1230pm and my flight from DFW to LAS is scheduled to leave DFW at 1:30pm. Do you think that is enough time to make the connection? Thanks in advance

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,246 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short connection time at DFW

Should be assuming your flight lands on time. DFW is a huge airport with potentially very long taxi times, I've been on MD80s driving around Texas for 40mins on occasions.

However, the Skylink train system is very reliable and quick and there are two stops in each terminal.

If the airline/airport authority didn't think you could make the connection they wouldn't make it a legal one that is bookable

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,912 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short connection time at DFW

Should be plenty of time. If you have to change terminals, just use the Skylink system located inside the secure area as previously suggested. If you're on AA, they should announce the arrival and departure gates prior to landing. Just use the map inside the AA magazine to familiarize yourself with the airport layout.

You may want to have your DFW/LAS flight number on hand when the flight attendant announces the gates as there may be multiple departures to LAS around the same time period.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,113 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short connection time at DFW

As stated above, you can use the flight status page to look up gates:

aa.com/travelInformation/gatesTimesAccess.do

Then look at the terminal map to be ready:

aa.com/i18n/…terminal_DFW.jsp

4. Re: Short connection time at DFW

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2013, 09:21