We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flightScanner Online??????

Lima, Peru
1 post
Save Topic
flightScanner Online??????

Hi

anybody has seen/used http://www.flightscanneronline.com/ ?

I was looking for cheap tickets and came along that site... it has a veeery nice deals but before I buy i wanted to ask... I dont wanna loose my ticket money

any input would be appreciated

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,051 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flightScanner Online??????

I wouldn't book through the company. That they claim to 'buy air miles from travel agents and companies ... uses them to obtain big discounts from air companies' is reason enough to run away, and fast.

What they claim to do is against the Terms and Conditions of most if not all frequent flyer programs. If you were to book a flight with this company and the airline suspected an inappropriate use of Miles or Points you would be out of luck, with no ticket and very likely not a snowball in hell's chance of a refund.

In shoft: ay, que horror!

Edited: 28 March 2012, 23:37
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,051 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flightScanner Online??????

In shoft? Blast this one time edit function .... should read in short.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: flightScanner Online??????

I made an reservation but didn't pay yet. I'm starting to look for an other flight.

sandra

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flightScanner Online??????

Might I suggest a website like skyscanner.net, which is a search engine which points you to leigitimate booking sites like the airline's own or 3rd parties like expedia or jetabroad. It ranks the flights in order of cheapest, based on your dates and times. I love this website! ^^

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flightScanner Online??????

Anyone that already bought from skyscanneronline and used the ticket??

Thanks for the feedback!!

(wishing the website is legit)

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,336 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flightScanner Online??????

This looks very fishy!

I ran a dummy booking, and as I click "Pay now by credit card", an instant message comes up and says -

"ERROR 217 -- Due to a bank error we are temporarily unable to process international credit cards, sorry for the inconvenience. According to our bank, we will be able to resume card processing within 2-3 weeks.

In order to proceed, we advise you to select an alternative payment method from the menu above."

And guess what, the alternative payment methods are good old PayPal, Western Union and Bank Transfer! I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flightScanner Online??????

Thanks USBuisnessTraveller.

went a step ahead and called the UK number, because it turns out that the only payment method is BANK TRANSFER. The phone was answered by a normal call center, so I still have my doubts... But indeed it seems very fishy...

Thanks!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,336 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flightScanner Online??????

GabyDakini,

If the only payment method is bank transfer, the do NOT use them and run a mile. If anything goes wrong, that's your money lost. Always make sure you pay for flights using a credit card, as if for example your tickets don't show you have the ability to dispute the charge and get your money back.

Korat
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flightScanner Online??????

I'm a stupid victim of this site - a complete scam. They supplied me with an Etihad eticket - looked good, but the Etihad website could not recognise the reference. Had to book the same flight again with Etihad direct and what I paid FSO is money lost, £700 - paid via Western Union and I don't think I can get a refund.

DON'T TOUCH THIS LOT - THEY ARE CROOKS.

More fool me - I was lulled into a sense of security by their website - which was the best I've seen for flights. A copy of anywayanyday.com

flightscanneronline is a COMPLETE SCAM

Roger

Parana Entre Rio...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: flightScanner Online??????

I believe it's a scam company...I try to make holiday reservation for 5 adults & 2 children from Argentina to Brazil (Family re-union). I try to call Latvia (wrong number) try to call UK......believe Indian accent - did not could understand one word 6 ask him to speak clearly - he hang-up.

Looks like a perfect well set-up site

They should be "banned" and investigated. I send 3 email and never got a response.