We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egypt air London Heathrow to Cairo

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Egypt air London Heathrow to Cairo

I am flying from Heathrow over to Cairo in May

and i am flying coach can anybody tell me are they the new planes or the older ones and whats the service like as this is the first time going to Egypt and Flying with Egypt air

can anybody enlighten me on this subject

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Egypt air London Heathrow to Cairo

Egypt air are a good airline. Economy isnt the most spacious but when is it on short haul!

Planes are reasonably new and service is good, though as a muslim country based airline it is a dry airline, so dont expect any beer or wine with your meal!!

I've travelled a few times with them now and never had any issues, always left on time had good service and a non eventful flight, and that is all I want, so I am a happy egypt air customer.

:-)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Egypt air London Heathrow to Cairo

thanks for that really helpful plus i am not expecting beer or ine as am dry too lol whats the entertainment on board like for the flight . :-)

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Egypt air London Heathrow to Cairo

They're not as dry as you might think, or they weren't ten years ago at least. I used to fly with them a lot when I was living in Cairo and if you were flying first class, they used to quietly hand out miniature bottles of Johnny Walker in the lounge. Once on board, an FA would bring you ice and a mixer.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Egypt air London Heathrow to Cairo

ha ha lol well unfortunately i am not travelling in first i am in couch lol just hope its one of the modern planes with the new onboard entertainment

uk
Level Contributor
3,633 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Egypt air London Heathrow to Cairo

Last time I flew Egyptair CAI to LHR was just before the uprising, think it was very early Jan last year.

That was on a 777 with overhead screens only.

Service was fine, very typical EC product.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Egypt air London Heathrow to Cairo

ahhhhh okies well hopefully will get the new egypt air planes

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
20,850 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Egypt air London Heathrow to Cairo

It's about 3 years since I flew them, so they may have newer planes, but we had no complaints about the service, time keeping, cleanliness of the aircraft and meal service, all pretty standard for economy travel. The screen were the overhead type, not seat back, but fine, it's not a long flight (relatively) LHR to CAI, so we just read. They do have a camera under the undercarriage which was interesting to watch for take off and landing.

SWT

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Egypt air London Heathrow to Cairo

I've flown business with them a few times and they are horribly dry. First time with them, I asked for a glass of wine from the flight attendant, when she said she had no wine, I asked for a g&t instead (figuring she just had none) so she again said no g&t,,a helpful passenger then shouted over it was dry with much amusement,,,,I was like...what no alcohol at all? Really? What none? Honestly? My first dry flight. Lol.

Not the end of the world though. but it was late, it had been a long day and a glass of wine would have been nice:))

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Egypt air London Heathrow to Cairo

thanks for all the feed back guys this is all quite helpfull am just hoping me get the newer model of the plane but hey ho beggars cant be choosers

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Egypt air London Heathrow to Cairo

i have checked on me flight its the new boeing 777 300er looks like a really nice place also is it worth ketting tube or heathrow express