We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy

RAMSEY ISLE OF MAN
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy

Has anyone flown premium economy to Havana,if so was it worth the extra cost

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,693 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy

I've flown Virgin P/E but not to Havana - whether it is worth it is a personal issue.

Some will say yes, others will say no - I'm afraid only you can decide whether the additional benefits (mainly extra legroom) are worth the extra cost or whether you want to spend the money on something else.

Personally I am no longer prepared to travel long haul in economy but thats my own preference.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,264 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy

It really depends on whether it will be in one of the newly refurbished planes which are being rolled out over the next few months. They also are operating new A330's on some of their Gatwick and Manchester routes.

Very much pot luck.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,352 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy

Some will say yes, others will say no - I'm afraid only you can decide whether the additional benefits (mainly extra legroom) are worth the extra cost or whether you want to spend the money on something else.

Personally I am no longer prepared to travel long haul in economy but thats my own preference.

------------------

This, this and this.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy

knealec

And also, is is worth paying £162 in APD to fly to Havana? I think you should fly out in economy and fly back in PE as it's a redeye and you'll only pay £81 in APD that way.

Regards

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy

If cash is your primary concern, then no, its probably not worth it. If comfort is your primary concern, go for it, we always elect to fly VA PE, (most recently to Vegas in Feb this year) and prefer it to most other airlines.

Having said that, for Oct this year, we have booked Capetown in Business with Emirates, since it is cheaper than UC on Virgin by around £500 pp. (UC on Virgin is equivalent to most business class seats).

The food and in flight entertainment on Emirates is far superior, plus we get a chauffeur car either end of the flights.

Food on Virgin is fine, (think good cafeteria food) but in no way fine dining. I would describe it as "acceptable". But if you get an old plane, the entertainment is dire! Movies on a loop (when they work).

The crew (in my experience) on Virgin have always been great. It's the one thing that sets them apart.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy

We flew to Havana PE on another airline as family and granparents,we thought it was worth it,we did look at Virgin,but were a lot more expensive,not jus 100 more like 300,we paid 200 each for return trip,which was fab priced...

ps Havana one of all time favourite places,and i have been to many great places,enjoy !

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
140 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy

We flew Virgin premium Economy for the first time to Florida (we normally fly economy). It was expensive but, I felt it was worth it for the extra leg room and the service from the cabin crew.

At the time my son was 9 years old and they were very good with him. We were upstairs. I believe they had some premium economy downstarirs as well as 1st class downstairs.

We did have a wonder down to Economy during the flight and soon went back upstairs the seats seemed a little crammed in.

You get to check in with 1st class and also board 1st. We were suppose to get our cases 1st off the belt but this didn't happen.

I got talking to a couple and they upgraded with there virgin point system card. I think you get points if you book a virgin holiday.

Best Wishes

8. Re: Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 02:15