We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

want to change flight!!!!

glasgow
3 posts
Save Topic
want to change flight!!!!

booked a holiday to florida going with thomson airlines,2 adults and 2 kids!!!!!just booked yesterday and dont fly out for 9 weeks can i change my departure airport to glasgow as dont fancy travelling 4 hrs to manchester even although we are getting 11 nights for the same price as 7 from glasgow!!!!!what would the costs be?checked online flights still available!!!!!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: want to change flight!!!!

No one here knows. Call them and find out.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,020 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: want to change flight!!!!

Have a look at the terms of your ticket.

glasgow
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: want to change flight!!!!

will phone them in the morning and check

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: want to change flight!!!!

Surely you meant "will phone them !!!! in the morning and check !!!! "

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,264 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: want to change flight!!!!

There will be a charge per person on the booking, can't remember what it is each person and you will also have to pay the difference between the costs of the old booking and the new booking. So in your case if you change you will have to pay the price you saw originally for the Glasgow flights - unless they have come down in price.

You can change it onling by going to 'manage my booking' from the thomson website. Thomson do send you an email with a link into your booking with all your booking details on it.

thomson.co.uk/editorial/faqs/changing-holida…

Edited: 05 April 2012, 14:03
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,558 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: want to change flight!!!!

If you've booked a flight only you need to ring 0871 231 4787 to do any amendments.

If you've booked a package and the flight goes the same day or earlier the amendment fee will be about £50 per person. There will also be no refund if the new price is cheaper but you will obviously have to pay if the price increases. If the flight is going a day later or more you will have to pay cancellation charges.

Edited: 05 April 2012, 14:48
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: want to change flight!!!!

as dont fancy travelling 4 hrs to manchester even although we are getting 11 nights for the same price as 7 from glasgow!!!

Why wouldn't you want to have an 11 night holiday versus a seven night holiday if it was the same price? A four hour drive is nothing. And, if you have to pay on top of that to change to the shorter holiday, I'd stick to what I had now.

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: want to change flight!!!!

Yeah me too. It's a long way to go for a week!!

Surely you knew when you booked Manchester was 4 hours away?

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: want to change flight!!!!

!!!!!

glasgow
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: want to change flight!!!!

ok decided to stay with manchester!!!!knew it was four hours away ,but never told the kids lol