We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Low cost airlines between Burdeaux, France and York, England

New York, NY
Level Contributor
205 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Low cost airlines between Burdeaux, France and York, England

Please advise on low cost airlines and best route. Two people traveling (1 adult and a teenager). Thanks.

MaLu

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Low cost airlines between Burdeaux, France and York, England

This is not a travel agency. You may want to look on skyscanner.com and see what you come up with.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,346 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Low cost airlines between Burdeaux, France and York, England

Easyjet flies from Liverpool, I belive that's the closest airport with direct flights to Bordeaux. Otherwise you can connect in London with BA from several airports closer by.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,653 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Low cost airlines between Burdeaux, France and York, England

From next month, Jet2 will have one flight a week from TLS (Toulouse) to Leeds-Bradford airport and another to Newcastle airport.

BA fly to and from BOD and LGW but flights to NCL depart from Heathrow, which means a minimum four hours connection time. easyJet flies from BOD to LGW; FlyBe have services to NCL. Keep in mind that booking with these latter airlines means separate tickets, so if the flight from BOD was late on arrival and you missed the FlyBe flight you would have to buy new tickets on the day.

An easier option: make your way to Paris for Eurostar to London St Pancras then take the train to York from King's Cross (adjacent to St Pancras). You may book through tickets at www.eurostar.com but ensure you allow at least 45 minutes between scheduled Eurostar arrival and EastCoast departure from KX.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,689 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Low cost airlines between Burdeaux, France and York, England

Have a look at www.seat61.com - he'll have instructions for London to Bordeaux and London to York by train. You can work out the reverse where needed.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,462 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Low cost airlines between Burdeaux, France and York, England

Yep I would catch the train.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Low cost airlines between Burdeaux, France and York, England

I would not. It's a 10 hour train journey with minimum 2 changes.

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Low cost airlines between Burdeaux, France and York, England

Air France fly Bordeaux to Manchester ( via CDG) Only takes 4.5 hours including the stop at CDG.

Then its just a short train ride from manchester to York. 1.5 hours ish.

Much quicker than taking the eurostar.

:-)

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,183 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Low cost airlines between Burdeaux, France and York, England

It would also be helpful if you provided actual travel dates. Flights operating in July probably won't operate in November.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Low cost airlines between Burdeaux, France and York, England

Thank you all (and I know this is not a travel agency -- Weird reply).

The exact route would be Bordeaux-York-Paris. Arriving to Paris on the 26 of July. Preferably early afternoon. Departure from Burdeaux would be the 20 or 21st of July. Our friend mentioned Bradford as the best airport to fly to and reach York from there.

To be honest I'm a bit confused with the codes some of you have used so I'd be grateful if you could spell out the names of the airports for me. Thanks again.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
373 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Low cost airlines between Burdeaux, France and York, England

There are a couple of sites that list LCCs flying between 2 cities. One you could try is http://www.harefares.com/