We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vayama is horrible, they will take your money

Seattle...
5 posts
Save Topic
Vayama is horrible, they will take your money

Yes, as others have said, it doesn't matter how cheap they are, they are not worth it.

I booked a flight to Paris through them and decided to pay more for the shortest trip possible. One of my connecting flights was canceled and I was automatically assigned a new flight, suddenly I'm stuck with a 6 hour layover... not what I paid for. There were other flights with similar lay overs and cost about $200 less. On top of that it takes off when I need to be at work.

Worst customer service ever, they didn't care about the extra money I spend, my time wasted or that the new flight simply did not work. They emailed me saying that we could work out a better flight schedule but once I finally talked to someone they basically told me I had to take it or leave it and that there were no refunds.

They also hung up on me twice forcing me to wait for over 4 hours on the phone just to get through to talk to a person.

They are the worst! Never again

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vayama is horrible, they will take your money

One of my connecting flights was canceled

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Airlines cancel flights. Hilarious to blame Vayama for that.

Advice stands: Book direct with the airlines.

Edited: 20 April 2012, 07:44
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,650 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vayama is horrible, they will take your money

Yawn, another groundless Vayama complaint.

Agree with Hans that it's better to book from the airline though in this particular case it is unlikely to have made any difference for the OP.

Edited: 20 April 2012, 07:45
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,663 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vayama is horrible, they will take your money

Yet another ridiculous rant from a one time poster.

Vayama doesn't cancel flights. That would be the AIRLINE. If you want to blame anyone, blame the airline.

Edited: 20 April 2012, 07:47
Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vayama is horrible, they will take your money

Is there a name for people who do their research AFTER they've made a bad decision?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,663 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vayama is horrible, they will take your money

By the way, if you were traveling from your home town (Seattle), and you wanted the shortest trip possible, there wouldn't be a connecting flight. The shortest trip possible would be the non stop on Delta.

Seattle...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vayama is horrible, they will take your money

im not upset that my flight was canceled, that can't be be helped, im upset that they couldn't help me. The terms say that there is a $100 non refundable fee which is fine, but they also say that you have to cancel at least 5 days in advanced. This is a month in advanced. Im upset about the customer service, they hung up on me!

Edited: 20 April 2012, 08:16
Seattle...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Vayama is horrible, they will take your money

yes i did see that flight but was out of my budget

Seattle...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Vayama is horrible, they will take your money

its very true, I wish I had done more research and want to help others avoid the same potential problem.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,650 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vayama is horrible, they will take your money

Check the terms of your ticket again. I'd be be surprised if you can cancel your ticket for a full refund minus $100 up to 5 days before departure. Vayama even say on their website that "All tickets should be considered NONREFUNDABLE once the ticket has been issued."

As for customer service, don't buy a product from companies that compete solely on price and expect any.

Seattle...
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Vayama is horrible, they will take your money

Fare rules associated with the ticket(s) issued may be refunded or exchanged for the original purchase price

All cancellation and exchange requests must be initiated at least four (4) days before scheduled departure.

I just wanted someone to actually talk to me and try to figure it out instead of hanging up on me in mid sentence.