We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Air France plane would you fly?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Which Air France plane would you fly?

I am pretty sure that I will fly Air France later this year for my month-long trip to Paris (have not booked yet, waiting to see the fares for the fall season). I have many options flying from Orlando (except the current n/s flights which will not operate after September).

While there are advantages and disadvantages of connecting via various airports, I'm also looking at the aircraft used on the various routes. So two factors to consider -- airport and aircraft. My previous post focused more on various airlines and airports - now want to focus on only Air France.

Atlanta flying on B777

JFK flying on A380

Detroit flying on A340

I've flown on B777 but never on the A380 or A340. I am tempted at least one way to try the A380 -- I like trying different aircraft and seeing what the experience is like. BTW, I will be in economy, unless I decide to go for premium economy.

Thanks -- looking forward to your views, opinions and ideas.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
194 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Air France plane would you fly?

Don't Air France do ten abreast seating on their 777s? In which case this would be one to avoid.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Air France plane would you fly?

A380 all the time.

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,875 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Air France plane would you fly?

aren't the DTW and ATL options Delta metal?

380 JFk would be my choice

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,152 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Air France plane would you fly?

Would you like a bargain? Aer Lingus MCO-CDG $910. roundtrip on Saturdays in October

I took the AF 380 last fall - really nothing all that special in my opinion

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Air France plane would you fly?

None of them! Go with a different airline.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,939 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Air France plane would you fly?

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I'm very excited to be taking Air France from LAX to CDG direct this September - on the A380!

No experience on it at this point in time, but boy, am I excited about flying on that plane - it looks wonderful!

If you look at the thread I started on "Air France Affaires Class...." recently - there are some great links to videos on the A380 that I found very helpful!

Good luck with your choice!

Malama Pono (take care)

Janet

Edited: 25 April 2012, 06:52
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Air France plane would you fly?

A380 will be a good experience. I always wanted to fly A380 from JFK to Dubai, but Emirates change their route for A380 to Toronto to Dubai in 2009, now I fly Qatar and they have only 777, so take A380 if available on your route.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,044 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Air France plane would you fly?

Hi,

Like others I wonder if Atlanta is really a Delta flight. Other than that I'd say the A380 is a good plane, quiet compared to a B777 or any other plane.

Any time I can get the A380 I go for it, the B777 is quite good also. A340 has to be my least favorite of the lot.

That said, flights timing and a user friendly airport are important too.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Air France plane would you fly?

Thanks all for your comments.

Just to clarify, the flights from Atlanta to Paris are AF metal. Delta also flies on their metal as well. If all things are equal, I may try the A380 on the way over. Returning in December though, I will probably route via a more southern airport to reduce the possibility of bad weather.

And here's hoping whatever flight I take is not full to capacity and I have an empty seat next to me! And the champagne is well chilled!

Edited: 27 April 2012, 13:51
10. Re: Which Air France plane would you fly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 21:17